Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 3456 times)

cahokie

• View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
My name is Aaron,  my wife Lisa passed away on Nov 30 while waiting for a transplant.  She was my best friend, my love, she was my life.  I miss her more and more everyday.  It wasn't bad last week just because it seemed like she was on a trip or something, but reality is starting to set in and I feel sad.  I miss her so much and she hasn't been gone that long.  We were married for over 6 years, (shes been in my life for more than 9 years) luckily we didn't have any kids yet, but we were planning to before she started getting sick.  In fact the week she got sick back in Sept of 2010 was the week we were going to start trying for a family.  It hard to think I have to start all over at the age of 33.  I wish she was still here with me.  She was so beautiful, always the life of the party.  I was the shy one and she would always pull me out of my shell to meet new people.  I don't know what I'm going to do without her.   actually think I broke down the past couple of days because it's the weekend and I don't have work to distract me and even though I'm trying to get out of the house as much as possible I seem to be here a lot and everything reminds me of her.  I was looking of something today and I found an old mouse pad that she had wrote Lisa Loves Aaron on probably 6 years ago.  I don't know why we saved it , but we did, finding that I just broke down.  Oh well hopefully tomorrow work will distract me again.  I seem happy there, it's weird the place that a few weeks ago I wanted to spend as little time as possible at I now want to be there all the time. 

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:03:03 AM »
Aaron,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my wife on August 19. You found a wonder place full people who listen and understand what you are going though. My wife was 35 when she passed. She was/is my life. Share more when you feel up to it.

Jason

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »
Dear Aaron ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife, Lisa.  Welcome.  I am sorry you have to be here with us.  As Jason, said, you have come to the right place, and there are many people here who understand the pain you are in, you will see as they come forward to greet you. 

Come back soon and let us know how you're doing. 

Sending love and light.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your wife, Aaron.  I lost Denise, my wife of 16 years, July 15 of this year to cancer.  She was everything to me.  I am so lost without her.  I am 53 years old.  I can truly relate to your feelings, as I have had the same.  Staying busy at work helps but weekends are rough.  Just try to "do the next thing."  And realize there will be times when you are overwhelmed and find yourself immobilized for hours...even days maybe.

It will take time to figure out your way forward.  It is taking me time.  It is hard.

GriefShare is an organization that meets at local churches, hospices, hospital (etc) Go to   GriefShare.org to find a group near you.  There you will meet people going through their own journey of grief.  A place to listen, vent, cry and learn how to move forward.

This forum has lots of people going through the same thing and who can offer a friendly ear, and encouraging word, insight on what may lay before you as you try journey through your grief.  I go twice a week.

God bless you and good luck.

Bob

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »
Aaron,

I'm sorry that you are going through this, but at least you found your way to  a safe haven in what is by now starting to look like a strange and unfamiliar world. I lost my wife Kit to cancer in April, 2010, and the folks here at WebHealing have helped me keep hold of the last shreds of my sanity.

Take a seat by the fire, help yourself to a hot beverage, and when you feel like sharing more with us we'll be here for you.

John

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:35:05 PM »
Aaron, so sorry for your loss. I lost my wife a year ago this month. She was a transplant recipient (double-lung). She was sick for a long time before the transplant (starting in 1987), then did very well for several years following transplant. I have to somehow salvage my life and start over again at age 55. No idea how to do that. But it sure helps being able to talk about it with people who understand.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »
Hi Aaron,

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful wife Lisa. As everyone already had said you came to the right place. Everyone is so wonderful.

I loss my Lou , Nov 22nd 2010 so it's just past a year. Lou was 53. He was my everything was/is my soulmate.  We all have this New Journey/Life to figure out. I do cry still everyday in time everyone says the pain does get softer.

Please don't be hard on yourself at moments you don't expect that you will cry,angry, etc.  Everything hurts and it is still so RAW to you.

Keep posting we are all here for you. 

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Halfpint

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »
Hello Aaron,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that sharing with others here will help you through the long road ahead. My husband was taken from me 6 months ago and I miss him more each day. Having a place to share the pain and learn from others has been a relief. You are not alone.

Susan

sonya

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »
Hello Aaron,

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife Lisa. I lost my Tony on 23rd of August. He was 38. The thought of our future disappearing is almost as hard as the loss of Tone himself. I completely empathise with you on that.
This is a great place that has and is helping me a great deal.
Please write as often as you need.

Sonya x
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy

cahokie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their kind words.   It does mean a lot.