Author Topic: Chat - Times to meet!  (Read 8190 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Chat - Times to meet!
« on: December 04, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »

Hey Dave, I was wondering how your day went yesterday, hiking and spending time with Judy's sister and husband on Judy's one year Angel Date.  I was going to invite you into chat and I noticed you were not registered. Go ahead and register and you can pop in when you want to. It just takes a minute.

Read both topics, especially: Picture of chat and options for you to try!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Chat - Times to meet!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

I just left you guys a message. Can you see it? :)

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Terry,

I can't even read that, lol

I am just going to post here what time I can meet :)

I can basically meet any day of the week by 8:00 pm, Eastern Std time :)

Once we have everyone who wants to chat then we can figure this all out ....

" Come on everyone let's do this, it would be really great and we can help each other "

Always,
Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

DaveB

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
Terry--

I'm a little behind the times...I'm not even sure what a "chat" is. I'm guessing its a real-time email type session. I just signed up, I'll wait to see what happens.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »

Hi Dave,

You're approved and your password has been sent. It's a place where you can chat one-on-one back and forth and it's live so you don't have to wait for a response via email or any other way. Similar to instant message but on a broader scale. There are different rooms and you can choose where you would like to go. Use the drop down menu and you'll see "Spouse Loss" and if you want to meet with someone privately, just connect with them to meet in Lobby or General chat. No one will go in if they see the room is occupied.

I love the chat room, always have. We really get to know one another much better and it's a safe outlet to share anything and at any time of the day or night.

Don't forget to use the *Thumbs-Up* icon when you start a New Topic so others know you are in chat. Also, jot down the times that are best for you to chat with the others. Jason is keeping track so everyone can meet at least a few times a week, if just to check in and share your day. It is very helpful, especially around the holidays.

I still haven't heard about your day, yet. How was it? Hiking? Did you go? And, was the day manageable for you? I know how hard these dates are and know I was thinking of you.

Love,
Terry

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
I'm around almost all day tues. and wen.The rest of the week after 10 pm est.

Jason

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:17 AM »

Great, Jason! This is starting to take shape. Kevin (Zylen) uses the same approach that I do; signing into Chat and then can hear the *ding-dong* when someone comes in and we've gotten together at least 4 or 5 times now and had some really great exchanges. In fact, quite a few of us have. Thanks, Kevin, I always enjoy our chats.

Setting up times is good, too but I suggest doing both. Unless, of course when you sign into the board, you let everyone know that you are signing into Chat, using the *Thumbs-Up* icon and then anyone can pop in for they'll know who's in there.

So, we're at; 1) Setting up times 2) Signing in and posting the thumbs up icon and 3) Signing into Chat when you sign into the board at night and keeping your sounds on.

Sounds like a winner, Jason. I'm glad you have initiated the times to meet with also posting their time zones. I think I've been demoted to vice-president in charge. Darn, and I wanted to be president! :(

Hey, hold on everyone. 20 days and counting down.

Love you much!
Terry

Halfpint

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:01:46 AM »
I am CST. Sundays and Wednesdays I'm free all day, eveings after 7.  Looking forward getting to know everyone. One question, where is the "thumbs up" button?
Susan.

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:31:59 AM »
Susan
I was playing around in the reply screen trying to find the thumps up, it is in the message icon drop down menu. Than menu is right under the subject line. I just found it myself.

Terry
 You are still president, I still need  lots of guidence. I really don't know what I'm doing, just kind of going with the flow.

Jason

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
My chat icon keeps send me to a 404 screen.  What am I doing wrong?

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:27:05 AM by Zylen »

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »

Hi guys,

The chat icon that is part of this board and listed with the home, help, search, admin, profile, calendar and logout is for our old chat room. Kevin posted the correct link. After clicking on that link, make sure you click on the rectangular box, as that icon will give you the pop-up chat room. The other is a broken link.

Here it is:

Also, under my name on all of my posts, you can click on the blue globe and that will take you to the chat room. It's also listed in my profile, the chat room link. Be sure to copy and paste the address somewhere off the board in case the board goes down for whatever reason, you will still be able to access chat. That will be our only form of communication until the board goes back up.

Thanks, Jason. I SO like being president. :) You're doing great. You're our new initiator, motivator. Everyone seems to be following suit. I know I need you guys. We all need each other.

((((Jason))))

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »
ok Ill try the chat now and see what happens.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »

I saw your message, Dave. Did you ever get signed in? That's happened to me maybe twice already, where I had to input my name, password and the chat room password a couple times. I don't know?

Hugs!

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I'm in chat now