Author Topic: So quiet on here today  (Read 5166 times)

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
So quiet on here today
« on: November 24, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:23:28 AM by Zylen »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: So quiet on here today
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

Hi Kevin and thanks! I'm on a break, a cooking break. We're taking turns and I have an hour to myself in my room so I thought I'd pop in here and see how everyone was doing. Yes, it's quiet. I suspect most have company and some are probably spending some quiet time. Many holidays, mine was also very quiet.

I'm grateful for this board as you are, Kevin and thanks for sharing that.

Did you go anywhere today or was it a quiet day for you?

Big Hug ((((((Kevin))))))

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »

Did you at least get to have a turkey dinner? A turkey sandwich? :)

You are in good hands with that lil precious Rowan with you. As long as he doesn't start stacking those stones, then you're safe! :) And, please give him a scratch behind the ears from me!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 04:13:35 PM »

I am L O L! Thanks, Kevin! Rowan is family, too if he's you're family. He's also important! :)

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
Started the day with flowers at Denise's grave.  I am back from my sister's house with my family and Denise's sister's house with her family. I wasn't my old self (haven't been that guy for a long time now.)  I left both places early and came home by myself.  I'm going to shower and go to bed a little early.  Been carrying a heavy emotional load all day.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »

((((Bob)))) I hope you sleep well. It sounds like the day sure wore you out.

Sending love & understanding,
Terry

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
Was out all day. Got flowers for my wife, cryed. Went to high school football game, saw too many couples, cryed again. Took kids to cematary and to visit her parents, held it together there. Went to my dads for dinner, made it through most of dinner. I had to excuse myself and go to bathroom to cry. Never was able to go back to the table.

We decided to stay home for chirstmas and order out. It to soon to try and have holidays with family, hurts too much. Will try again next year.

hope everyone had a better day than I.

jason

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »

Jason, it is *very* recent which makes it very difficult. I agree with that....bless your heart. Hugs and Love coming your way.
(((((Jason)))))

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
I had a good day even though it started out hard and ominous.  The moment I woke up I stared at where Maureen's chair would normally be and it took a few minutes to sink in that yes she is really gone. I almost thought I'd have another flashback I felt so bad.  I cried alot, got myself exhausted , took a nap, woke up, and got started with the day. I went to my family's and was able to have a great time despite one bad moment. WHen I got home its back to life as usual without my love. It sure felt great to get out of this house with my wife's stuff everywhere and to be able to truly enjoy mseylf if even for a few hours. But now its like coming back to a jail cell now that I'm home again.  My wife's family never called me once and I have'nt heard from them for awhile. I hope all here were able to salvage something from the holiday that can help them in their grief, if anything.  Take care, all, arthur

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 03:12:35 AM »
(((((KEVIN)))))
(((((TERRY))))
(((((JASON))))
(((((BOB))))
(((((ARTHUR))))

It's still hard for all of us.  I woke up yesterday with tears.  I decided OK I am going to workout. While I was working out the tears just flooded my face. My doctor gave me medicine for anxiety so pretty much I slept off and on. I talked to one of my friends off and on through the day and she listened to me cry.

When dinner was ready I didn't want to sit at the table I waited 10 mins came down and made a plate. I was going to eat in the kitchen rather than the dining room.  My nephew said Aunt Lisa sit in here.  I put my mind somewhere else that it wasn't a holiday at that moment. I only ate a little and went back upstairs and the tears started. 

I know what everyone is feeling and going through.  I am sorry we all are going through this pain but I am THANKFUL OF EVERYONE HERE !!!

I always went out on Black Friday and Lou went with me.  That day will never be the same last year Lou was buried on Black Friday.  Another hard day for me.

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers !!!

Hugs to All

Love,
Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »
I set myself up for a bad day yesterday, I was counting on my family to understand. My bother passed away 11 years ago. You would think they all would remember how disconected we all were those first holidays with out him. But it seems onone remembers, my dads wife lost her only child to canser, you think she would remember the pain and maybe still feel alittle of it at the holidays. But it seems they all have forgotten or they all just don't want to deal. The only one who understands is my mom, to this day she still sruggles with the loss of my bother.

Though all this I did find one thing to be thankful for she is no longer in pain, her illness is cured, and she doesn't have to endure this awful journey for which I'm now on.

Whats left of my heart, my thoughts, and my prays gos out to all of you. My new family who understands and is there for me when ever I need.

Big hugs to all of you.
((((kevin)))
(((Terry)))
(((bob)))
(((Arthur)))
(((Lisa)))
(((And everyone else who I have meet go through is hard journey)))

jason

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
((((((everyone))))))

You all are never from my thoughts - this board has been a little quiet the past couple of days - a little unusual. 

Please post how you're doing if you so wish. 

Lots of love.

Pam
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »

I see your reflection on the water
your smiling
I'm watching.

I need to touch you
so I reach out
you start to fade.

I guess I'll always watch you from here
will you ever let me near?

Our dreams have been lost, stolen and we're left with a sadness that words can't even describe. I feel everyone's sadness this holiday season. It takes so long to learn how to dream again. How to create new dreams. And wonder if they really do exist. This quiet zone is a place where hearts are heavy from stolen dreams. To share that there will be new dreams and brighter days, would be hollow words right now. We see only as far as the heart allows. The heart is bruised and it must mend. And, mend it will with scar tissue protecting the wound as a reminder of the great love that has been torn out of our hearts.

I wish I could have everyone down to my place and we would set up as long a table as we would need and eat all of our favorite foods. The sun would warm us and the company, shelter us.

Yes, Pam it is very quiet and I echo your sentiments that all here are in my thoughts and in my heart.

My Love,
Terry

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
I have been thinking the same thing very quite. Noone is posting. I had my little issue a few days ago and got responses, but other than that it has been too quite. I'm guess everyone is in the same place I'm. I'm kinda numb, trying every hard to not think about what is around the corner, or how I'm going to deal with it. I was thinking if I don't talk about it maybe it won't come or maybe the day will come and go without me realizing it. I know in my heart that is not going to happen and as the day gets closer the stress level is going up. This waas her holiday. She loved to decorate, I have boxes and boxes full of decorations that I can't bring my self to look at. Just thinking about it the tears have started. I miss her so much.

I so don't want to do this any more. I don't want to hurt,I don't want to cry, I just want to go back to the way it was. I know I can't have her back. I don't want her back, she was in so much pain all the time. I just want to stop hurting, I want this emptyness I feel to go away. I just want to really feel ok, not just say that I'm.

Thank you all for listening
Jason

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
I find there is nothing to say. My beautiful wife is not coming back. No amount of words will bring her back.  She is gone. All I have left is my tears and my aching heart. Perhaps that is why I haven't posted. It is the misery of grief that brings its own silence to us all who suffer it.   
 I deeply appreciate your words Pam,Terry, Jason, Kevin. They offer me hope. I am finding the xmas season more difficult as it winds on than I thought it would be.  Take care everyone, arthur