Author Topic: Wondering why I'm feeling anxious and at times irritated....  (Read 7952 times)

ldm

• View Profile
Wondering why I'm feeling anxious and at times irritated....
« on: November 20, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Today I woke up feeling as though I had an attitude, not wanting to deal with people and just kind of grouchy.  I had been trying all day to figure out why, but not able to shake the feeling.  Is there something biological or just subconscious about grief, even 2 years later?  Earlier this week I was telling myself I am going to be fine on Thanksgiving, I really believed it too, but today has just been really hard and it is like I cannot really pinpoint my irritation to just one thing.  When my Dad passed away, it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and he started his spiral on Thanksgiving day.   

rozzie01

• View Profile
Re: Wondering why I'm feeling anxious and at times irritated....
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »
It is very normal to have all kinds of emotions in response to loss. Anger, irritability all of them are part of the process. These holidays are hard on all of us.  I will be praying for you.

Blessings
Rozzie

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »

((Idm))

Always great to see a post from you. I think of you often. Those dates are so difficult and I find even more so, their anticipation. They are in memory of a great love and a great loss. Know I understand. As Rozzie shared, it's normal to have all kinds of emotions in response to our losses and these holidays are hard on all of us. There is just no getting around them. But know we are here for you, with love as you're missing your precious Dad.

Thanks for sharing and don't be a stranger. I've missed you!

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
ldm ~ I think that it's "normal" to have those feelings - whatever "normal" is, that word went out the window when my brother died.  I know how you feel, I was so angry for a long time after Tony died, and I didn't even know why I was so mad.  Other than the obvious. 

Thinking of you.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

sissy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
I have many anxious days, too.....so if it's not normal.....at least know that you are not alone.....
I'm still struggling day to day ..... and i still hate the fact that my mom isn't here with me....and i sometimes when at work, and i see or hear someone not being very kind to their parent...one moment i just want to give them a piece of my mind...and the next i want to beg them to cherish each other ....
i'm sorry for the way that your feeling, but i do understand.
always - sissy

ldm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »
Thank you all for your encouraging words.  I am not sure why, but this Holiday season seems to be the hardest for me yet.  This is the 3rd Christmas without my dad, the first was not quite a month after he had passed away so I am sure I was still kind of numb to everything, and maybe it was also that I felt free to share my grief with everyone.  Now I feel like I can't share it as much, even with family.

sissy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
I really know what you mean when you mention not even being able to share your grief ..... and for me it has become with my family, too.....well, my brothers anyway. 
I think that i am only emotionally myself these days with my friends at webhealing......I don't how i became so incredibly lucky to have found all of you.....just grateful in a way i can't even explain.
anyway....i have to go back for "round two" at work.
always - sissy