Author Topic: three knocks  (Read 22818 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
three knocks
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »
Hi everyone. Two nights ago I was having a bath when I heard three distinct knocks. Each one was spaced evenly a part, was as clear as a bell, not really loud but very distinct and I could not tell where they were coming from but they were very distinct! I immediately felt a sense of urgency and as I stood up and grabbed a towel I heard them again: three slow, crystal clear knocks. Very evenly spaced. Otherworldly sounding. And again I couldn't tell where they were coming from. I cried out: "I'll be right there!" I felt a sense of terrible urgency. There was on-one else in the house there was no-one there when I went to all three doors of our house and opened them.

The knocking was not like human knocking. I can't really explain it and more than I have except to emphasize that it was otherworldly and it left me with a feeling of dread which I still feel to day. I know that my brother in law is in intensive care in desperate need of a lung transplant because he is in advance stages of Pulminary Fibrosis.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this before?

Love, Helene

Helene & Lesley

mary strain

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: three knocks
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
Yes two days after my brother in law died,  I went to get my hair cut and there was a yellow butterfly on the passanger seat of my car.  I have no idea where he came from or how he got in the car.  He road to the place I got my hair cut.  I opened the door and picked him up gently and he flew away.  That day I found out my sister had put yellow butterflies in his flower arrangement. 

Love Mary

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
Thank you Mary. I believe that this kind of thing happens more than most people could ever imagine. I am very afraid for my brother in law and my heart goes out to you for the loss of yours. I feel a horrible forboding that won't go away. We are not allowed to visit because he has pnemonia on top of everything else, is on extra oxygen and, since he cannot eat, is on IV. 

The first few days after Lesley died (my older sister) I could smell her. She always had this rather musty, animal/earthy smell about her because of the way she lived. That smell was unique to her and I have never smelled it any where else before or since my sister's life. For several weeks after Lesley died I smelled her time and time again. Some times another person would be standing right beside me when the smell was so powerful, but that person seemed to notice nothing. Not even my husband noticed when I smelled Lesley in our room in the middle of the night.  Then, one day, her smell was gone.

But now I can't stop hearing those three ominous knocks while my brother in law hangs on by a thread.

Love, Helene

Helene & Lesley

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
(((((helene))))))

Lots of love to you and your brother in law is in my thoughts 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

mary strain

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
Helene  After my mother passed that was in 2006.  I took all the yarn she had in the house to use up.  Sometimes when I was working with it.  I could smell the soap from her bathroom.  I would think of  her makeup smell and being in the bathroom.  I believe these things are signs to let us know they are ok.

Love Mary

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

I think the three knocks were for me.  I know that sounds selfish and it probably is.

Love,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
Do you still have the bad feeling - or were you able to shake that? 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »

Yes, I do experience this and lately, it's been pretty steady here at my home. About a week or so ago, I was walking through the kitchen and the banging on my kitchen door was so loud, almost indescribable, it literally knocked me off balance. My lab was snarling and spitting. I thought, well here I am with no protection because for someone to knock on my kitchen door, they would have to get past my front door. So, this meant that they were already in my foyer and I was very frightened. I ran to pull a chair over and propped it up under the door handle and ran to the phone to dial 911 and then, for some reason, stopped. I had the feeling it was 'one-of-those-knocks' where no one could be physically seen so I went out my back door, from the laundry room and sneaked around to the front of the house, but all the while knowing that I would see no one. I got to the front door area and of course no one was in my foyer. I was a little angry and let it be known. I have, on occasion spoke to ? and let them know that I was open to what they were trying to communicate to me. Sometimes it works and the knocking will stop. Other times it becomes louder where I actually have to grab my ear plugs.

The only connection that I have found to this occurring is I am always at a very vulnerable point and super sensitive to everything around me. And, it always seems to know.

I don't have any answers for you but wanted you to know that this is more common than you would think and it presents itself to those in vulnerable states and also to those very open to the extraordinary. Not the skeptical.

One more mention: my dogs do not always hear it. There are only certain times that they do. Sometimes....it is a private visit and the show is put on just for me.

Hold on and know that it is, in my opinion, energy. From what source, I don't know yet. I always document the time it happens and what is going on in my life. In 2011, I have filled up a theme tablet already. Do your own research and try to remember what is going on when it happens. If you can, the next time it happens, walk away and try and occupy your mind with positive thoughts. Try talking to it and asking it what it wants. Try different things. I always have.

There are more people than you would think that this happens to but are afraid to share it in fear that they will be perceived as strange or whatever, but there is a fear in others openly sharing this.

Take care and know you're always in my thoughts.

Love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Wow Terry! And I thought it was just me! The knocks have not happened since that one time, but I think that's partially because I tend to have a few drinks in the evening to block everything out. A kind of self medicating really. My brother in law continues to hang by a thread to life. Also, it's interesting what you wrote about 'it' happening when you are feeling particularly vulnerable. Your experiences definitely have that uncanny quality that I felt during mine. That, even when you were afraid someone had entered your home, another part of you instinctually knew that nobody was there. It is also interesting that some times your dogs hear it and sometimes they don't. We have two cats. That night, when the knocks happened to me, I was alone in the house and the cats did not seem to notice anything when I heard those knocks.

I have been feeling very down lately to the point of having suicidal thoughts which come and go. Why should I go on living when there's always so much pain and when no-one wants to talk about Lesley any more? MY younger sister and mother clam up whenever I mention Lesley's name so I have given up. And my older half brother is also suicidal and has tried it several times so I don't want to set him off again. My husband wants me to 'move on' in life. It's as if Lesley never existed. Anyway...because I've been so profoundly depressed and tired I wonder if those knocks were meant for me. I am that depressed. But thank you for assuring me that I am not alone in these paranormal experiences. I was hesitatnt th shoare that experience here.

Love,

Helene

Helene & Lesley