Author Topic: words with two meanings  (Read 4639 times)

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
words with two meanings
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
I have to try think before I speak. Last night I found my self saying that phrase we all hate, move/moving on. When I say it I mean moving forward. When I used it last night, I'm hoping the preson I was speaking to understood what I meant.  I want so bad to move past this place I'm in. I just want to move forward. I didn't think there is such a thing as moving on, just learning to live with this pain.

I just needed to get that out. thanks for listening
jason

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: words with two meanings
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »
Jason, We were discussing your move in with your brother.  If you mentioned a problem with hating moving or moving on, I did not get it.  I have emailed Terry that there may be a problem with phantom messages.  (messages that we type but never go anywhere).

When thinking of moving on after the death of a loved one.  I am not sure we ever really move on, we just learn to live with what we have been dealt.  None of us will ever be the person we were before that death, so how can we really move on.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »
Jason ~

Once I found myself saying "get over it" when I really meant "deal better with".  I know exactly what you mean. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »

I always said that I have to 'keep living' and it means the same thing, moving forward. But, that didn't come over night and it certainly wasn't a reality for me until at least three years.

Be kind to you, Jason and know that this is a long journey and there's no rush. Before three years, I didn't even know what 'living my life' would entail. I was in too much pain.

One day you'll find yourself laughing when earlier in your grief, you would cry. That's the beginning of healing. Not to say there are never setbacks, because there are and many, but we embrace each change and feel good about it because it's an accomplishment.

Remember, my friend it's one day at a time and sometimes one second. And, I agree with Peggy that we are never the same. We may heal. Heal enough to learn to live again and heal enough to enjoy our lives but we're never the same. How could we be?

Hugs!

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »
Thank you all for your responises. I need to explain myself better. I'm very impatient preson when it come to dealing with myself. I am learning that I can't rush this and I can't always control it. What I was trying to say this morning is I use the wrong words. People who do not understand what I/we are going through hear me say move on and assume that I'm looking for a new reationship or that I'm over the loss of my wife. I don't know if I will ever have an other reationship at least not in the near future. And as for getting over the loss of my wife, I would just be happy to make it 24 hours with out tears. I just what to make some progress forward in my journy.

(((Peggy)))
 I'm sorry I should have made it clear who I was talking to at the time. I was talking to kevin before you enterd the room. And I do hope that some day I learn to live with this instead of it controling everything I do.

((((pam))) all I can say is thank you.

((Terry )))
I'm trying very hard to to good to myself but It does not come easlilly. I have always put others before myself. I'm coming to realize that seems to be commen problem with of us here. Thank you for the chat rooms . I have a feeling I'm going to be in there alot in the coming months.

Thank you all again for listening and being here I don't know what i would do with out this place.

jason

Zylen

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:20:57 AM by Zylen »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »

You're so right, Jason that being good to ourselves is not always an easy thing to do. It's learned. And, don't worry about your phrasing when you're sharing. There are no *PC* police here so please feel free to express how you feel in your own way. After all, it's what we all do.

I'm glad you're enjoying having the chat and I think it will benefit all who use it over the holidays. I always enjoyed meeting with other members in chat, so if all goes well, after the holidays we can go for a chat with video, voice...all the bells and whistles. In fact, it will look exactly like our boards here, right down to the log in screen. Thanks for letting me know, too as I need to hear that others are using it and have a need for it. That's the most important thing.

You take care, my friend and thanks for such a nice post!

Love,
Terry

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »
(((Kevin)))
I'm glad you understond what I meant. I still find it amazing how other people on this same journey under what I saying ang friends I've know for years get so confused when I talk to them. I too hope we have chance to talk again.

jason

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »
Jason - those who have not gone through this have no idea, no possible frame of reference to understand. I wish I was still blissfully ignorant as that would mean that Kit was still with me.

jasonkl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
I wish I was still blissfully ignorant
I agree 100%.

Peggy I forgot to thankyou for talking with me the other night. So thank you.

jason

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »
I wish I was still blissfully ignorant

Ditto! :(