Author Topic: Today  (Read 1523 times)

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Today
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
Today is the day my parents died.  Daddy in 1976, Mom in 1995.  For Dad it was a fatal heart attack at 49, Mom had battled cancer for years. 

When my Dad died, his last words to me were, "don't question why God has done this, its not for us to know".  I still smile at my Mom's last words to me, I told her we were going to the bedroom to smoke, she smled and said, "if you don't stop that shit, you will be in this bed in 20 years".  When me, my sister, AC and my nephew came out of the bedroom, she was gone.

When today comes around every year, I reflect on my Dads final words.  We are not suppose to know why God does the things he does, or question why he does them.  I truely beleive that God took my parents when they were still young, because he knew that he would take AC, and my parents were there to meet him when he crossed over.

When AC was in the coma, a lady from the hospital chaplain service was with us for a little while.  She mentioned that she felt the presense of a man and woman, my sister immediately said, Mom has been here sinse we got here.  It may sound weird to some, but those of us with AC when he died, really beleive his grandparents were there to help him cross over.

I miss Mom and Dad daily, but find comfort knowing AC is with them and not alone.  I think my sister said it best this morning on Facebook, "I just need them here to say Hi, just once more".

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:45:44 PM »

Thanks for sharing about your Mom and Dad. The missing never ends....

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
Hi AC Mom,

Your mother's comment about you and your siblings' smoking made me smile. My mother is still alive at age 89 and keeps a pack of cigarettes in her freezer and smokes one every once and awhile. But my Dad couldn't stop smoking and died of lung cancer complicated by pnemonia when he was only 46 many years ago. I have never gotten over my Dad's death. Thank you for sharing such intimate and heartfelt details about  your parents' last words to you. Your Dad was right: we are not to know WHY about death in our mortal life - times, but I sense we will know this eventually,  when we are no longer on this mortal plane. I really do believe that God - the Divine - is always with us and is there with beloved family members like the ones who helped AC cross over. Thanks again for sharing something so very precious.

Love,
Helene.

Helene & Lesley