Author Topic: Expecting a granddaughter...  (Read 3166 times)

Penny - Sean's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • A Journey Continued
Expecting a granddaughter...
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
My perfect grandson probably saved my life when Sean was killed.  Our last family gathering was on his 1st birthday, Christmas Eve 2005 - just 3 days before his Uncle Sean was killed in a traffic accident.  One of my very earliest memories in my "after" world is of my grandson throwing his arms around my neck and hanging on...just hours after my son was killed.

So now I find myself in the unexpected position of expecting a granddaughter.  Sean's brother very frankly told me that I'd never have a second grandchild and I accepted it.  And then #2 showed up...seven years later.  I'm expecting a granddaughter in early January.  And her Mommy is determined not to have a December baby (Sean's bday is 12/10 and his angel date is 12/28) but the other day I told her that perhaps 12/28 wouldn't be the worst date to have her daughter.  And today I suggested Seanna as my granddaughters name...and her Mommy loves it.  And her Daddy likes it too.  And it looks very much like Seanna will be part of my world sometime soon.  And I'm thrilled...but tonight the tears just won't stop coming. 

I can't wait to meet my new granddaughter...but I'm so very sad that she will never meet her Uncle Sean.  Exactly which part of this is fair?  And when will the tears stop?  And how can I explain to my granddaughter how proud her Uncle is to be her namesake?  And please...whatever Guiding Power is out there...please don't let me sob uncontrollably at my granddaughters birth.  Please?

Penny - Sean's Mom
12/10/83 - 12/28/05
Miss you kiddo...

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Expecting a granddaughter...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

(((Penny)))

I'm very happy for you and I do understand how bittersweet it is. I have experienced the same and through the happiness and the joy felt, so is sadness. I can imagine what you're going through with her delivery date being so close to your precious Sean's dates and for that, you truly have my heart.

I love the name, Seanna. Is it pronounced "S[h]e-anna"... or "Sean-na?" I was just curious!

Sean will live on in her life as you will tell her stories and include her in all of his special dates. It's the only way we keep them alive. It's all, any of us have left to do for them.

Thanks for sharing your news with us and please update when this beautiful child arrives!

Hugs & Love!!

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
Dear Penny,

Congratulations on the new blessing in your life.  I truly understand the emotions that run with all this.  Since Philip died, we have been blessed with 5 grandbabies.  I like to think that he had a hand in helping God pick out these little souls that have joined our family.  Maybe your new little one has already met Uncle Sean...   I see some of Philip so far in all of them and one is just now turning 1 month old so I'll be waiting to see what little bit of Philip I can find in her as well.

We talk with our grandkids about their Uncle Philip and just try and let them know how special he was and I truly believe he is always around looking after them.

I love the name and so glad every one else likes your choice.  It is just another wave we ride on this journey and I know it will bring you all types of emotions.  I also understand when you talk about possibly her birth happening on his angel date and maybe it not being the worst thing... I really get that.

In the meantime let the tears flood... we just have to do that at times

Congrats,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Penny: I love the name and know the feeings well. I am sure she will always know about her uncle Sean. Know I care .  Lavonne

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:27:15 AM »
Our lives are bittersweet, but hopefully with the more sweet things in our lives the bitter won't be as challenging for us.
Congrats on little Seanna's impending birth.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings