Author Topic: The Magic Key (Part Two)  (Read 2597 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
The Magic Key (Part Two)
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »
Until one wet wind-whipped day, the skies low and heavy,
I thought perchance I heard the sound of your voice,
Soft and sweet, riding high above the winds, wild and as one,
With the powers of nature at last as you so wished in life,
And there, barely appearing and disappearing amongst the falling leaves,
Shimmered Hope, so faint, fleeting, fairy-like, gossimer-wings, beautiful and,
Like you from a Magical Realm, another dimension, that I stopped and stared in wonder,
While my ears listened, entranced, as your musical voice whispered,
So urgently,  a strange little song:  "Helene! Helene! Stop looking for me for I am free!
Up in the tree I may be, or on a flower with a honey bee,
Or swimming through the dolphon sea, or resting under lindon lea,
Or sitting like a child on the  Divine One's knee, I have the magic key,
To take me wherever I want to be and that, my dear Helene,
Is where you can find me!
Now go: and find yourself. For you have been gone a very long time."

So softly did Lesley end her sweet rhyme.

Helene

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: The Magic Key (Part Two)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »

I believe, with all my heart that Lesley is free.

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »
Hi Terry,

Thank you for that. I too believe that Lesley is free. She suffered terribly in her life and I think the Divine would now give her peace.

I am thinking of writing Lesley's story (changing names for privacy) so that other people who suffered similar trauma that Lesley suffered will benefit from what I have learned about Lesley's illness and the causes and about Lesley's unique personality. Many people have already forgotten her, including some members of my own family. I don't want her forgotten as if she never existed. That happens to too many people.

Love,

Helene

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:29:45 PM »

I think writing her story is an excellent idea. Lesley needs to be shared with others as there are many who will relate to a unique and a sensitive, such as Lesley. I assume she was a sensitive.

You could submit to major publishing houses, but unless you've been previously published, they won't even consider your work. There are a lot of presses that are inexpensive (stay away from the vanity presses, they are a rip off) and submit your work and they'll even help you with editing, your jacket and so on. You get to keep the copyrights with most of them and you can set up a book signing at your local Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, etc, and get on the local author shelves at first. After you've sold quite a bit, they move your books to the front of the store. A big house could pick you up, but be persistent with your submissions.

I started out this way when I was only 14 and needed my parent's signature. Writing is my first love!

We keep our loved ones alive by telling their story. Being that we're already knee deep into the holiday season, I think this would be a perfect time to begin your book. The golden rule of writing: Write what you love and what you know! Keep me updated on when it will be ready. Be sure to do a lot of research on copyrights. It can get complicated.

And, regarding the poetry you've shared, get it copyrighted. Individually it is very expensive but as a collective work, it is not. You just won't be able to break them up later to use in other publications. You'll have a lot of homework to do before you even consider publication to ensure that your work stays....your work! LOL

Lesley is blessed to have you for her sister as she will live on in the hearts and minds of so many people.

If you should have any questions along the way, just PM me and I'll be happy to send you some helpful links.

Hugs!!