Author Topic: Forced to grow up  (Read 2867 times)

jennalynn3126

• View Profile
Forced to grow up
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »
Hi, I am pretty new here.  My father died when I was 16 and I watched the entire thing and my mother died when I was 19 more recently.  I just turned 20 and its hard because I am the only person I know that both parents are dead at my age.  I was forced to move after my mom passed which was very traumatic since I am the one who found her and I can't cope still and its almost a year since this happened.  I just feel so alone because I am the only person who has had to go through all of this that I know at my age and it just sucks really bad.  I will see pictures of my friends having fun and being careless at college having the time of thier lives and I am stuck having to play grown-up trying to figure all of this out.  I just really don't want to be alone anymore and even the people closest to me can't handle it sometimes and I am again forced to go threw this all alone.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Forced to grow up
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »

((((Jennalynn))))

Hi, and welcome to webhealing. I'm so sorry that you've lost both your Mom and Dad and at such a young age. A year isn't a very long time when we've suffered such a great loss, as that of a parent. Please know that you are not alone. Come here, anytime and tell us about your Mom and Dad so we can get to know them better, and you!

This is an especially difficult time of the year with the holiday's fast approaching and there are others here who are also coping with great losses and hopefully, will share their story with you.

What are you taking in college? Is this your first year? Share if you're feeling up to it!

Sending hugs and my understanding,

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Forced to grow up
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Dear Jennalynn ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mother and Father.  I, personally do not know what it's like to lose a parent, but I did lose my brother about 2.5 years ago.  He has a son, my nephew, who is now 10, but at the age of 6, his mother passed away, about 1.5 years prior to my brother.  I see him struggle a lot, and I am so sorry that you have to deal with the same.

Welcome to Webhealing.  You will find a comforting, kind word here when you need it.  There is always someone here  to listen, and we are all on this journey together.  We are here for you.

Please come back and post more if you like.

Sending love and light. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven