Author Topic: Widow and mother of 3 young kids who have lost their father.  (Read 12652 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Widow and mother of 3 young kids who have lost their father.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »
((((Angela))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Wondering how you're doing, Angela. 

oneangel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »
Hi all,
I'm doing okay. I have had a rough week. Today I had to take my three kids to a kids hospital to run tests to see if they have any problems with their aortic valves since my husband, back in 2005, also had emergency open heart surgery because his valve had dissected. It was a condition that was unknown and something that no one knew to even look for. So now my kids have to be checked to make sure they are okay. It has been a very long day. They had to sedate my youngest because of his age since the tests take so long. I won't know the results until January but everything looks good so far. Kids should not have to go through this. I am very tired but still trying to stay positive for them. It is exhausting to try and keep things upbeat when all you can think of is: `why is my husband not here helping me reassure the kids that they are okay`. But anyway, at least it is out of the way so I can now focus on my everyday stresses instead.
Thanks for checking up on me.
How are you!

Angela

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
(((angela)))

Thanks for the update.  You're in my thoughts. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »

Nice to hear from you, Angela! Thanks so much for the update!

Much love,
Terry

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
Dear Angela,

I am very sorry for your loss of your beloved husband. I am sorry that you and your children just wish things could be different and not missing him, having him physically with you all. I do understand that. I read this thread and I wanted to write you as I lost my husband suddenly of a genetic heart arrythmia and have had to have my three kids screened for similar trait since. It can be anxiety provoking, but, I have always found the grief of just wanting our family back all together to be the hardest thing. I am doing a little bit better these days. I credit walking, this site, and sharing the feelings of grief with others for at least allowing me to keep our life going as I know my Michael would want.
 I was 42 and my husband 44. I am still pushing forward 3 and 1/2 years later.

I will say that I can think more clearly, finding some humor and fun again, and I am glad to report that our kids seem to be emotionally okay as they become young adults, mine do have some health issues, so far so good though. I know that you are younger and so aren't your children- so I felt I wanted to write you and tell you that I truly wish you continued strength and perseverance. I wish you the ability to eventually feel that some moments now in your new life are truly interesting and that some of that joy returns.
I am glad you found this site. We care, Terri

gaberax

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 07:01:42 PM »
Angela, I want to express my condolenses.  The grieving process is hard enough...let alone all the added responsiblites and dealing with the grief of your children.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gaberax

oneangel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:41 PM »
@Luvinmike: Thank you for your reply. Back in 2005, my husband had emergency open heart surgery because his aortic valve had dissected, while I was pregnant with our second child, so now, a few weeks ago, we went for testing on all three kids to rule out this possible heart defect. I don't get the results until mid January, but I hate that I have to go through this without him. My husband used to be the worrier and I was the one to keep everyone in check and calm. But ever since he has passed, it seems as though I have taken on his emotions and feelings along with my own.

As for dealing with the stress, I am going to join a gym with my neighbour soon to hopefully burn off stress and steam and maybe alleviate my panic attacks. I am going to see my doctor in a couple of weeks as well to finally discuss what I have been feeling. We'll see what she has to say.

Thank you all for your advice and well wishes!

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
Hi Angela..I just read that you are going to join a gym to help with your panic attacks. Good for you! Ever since I started going back  to the gym back in april(I hired a personal trainer) , I've been able to handle my depression by working out, along with going to a therapist, without the use of mind-affecting drugs. (My doctor tried giving them to me but the drugs made me ill.) The other benefits of working out have been many for me..it relaxes me, it helps me to sleep, it helps me with my physical condition. There is actually quite a bit to know about working out and I found that relying on a personal trainer not only educates me it gives me the motivation to slug it through the workouts when I find it difficult. The trainers I have are good, often encouraging me and pushing me to get through the hard exercises. I would encourage you to hire one if it is possible for you. They can cost some money but the payoff is huge. Anyhow, I hope going to the gym helps you as well.   
    I hope you are getting through your grief well and I hope your kids are healing as well as they can. You and your family have been in my prayers and I will continue to pray for all of you. Take care, arthur

oneangel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 11:09:23 AM »
Thanks Arthur. I actually have an appointment at a gym by my house tonight. I am going with my neighbour who also wants to join. I also have an appointment with my doctor to discuss my panic attacks, sleep deprivation and depression. Hopefully I can start feeling better so I can deal with my grief a little better. I am happy to know that the exercising is helping you. I will let you know how it goes.