Author Topic: My first holiday  (Read 4785 times)

emmerann

• I wanna be happy again!
    • View Profile
My first holiday
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:38:22 AM »
My brother was killed in a motorcycle accident on July 11th of this year, he was 21 and i am 20. This is the first time i have spoken about things, i am so confused right now that i just try not to talk about it. I am in college and all my family lives far away. I am just alone so i decided not to talk about it till today. Any words of advice would help me.
emmerann

middle sis

• View Profile
Re: My first holiday
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
emmerann,
Sorry about the loss of you brother.  This is certainly a difficult time for you. Holidays just seem to magnify things. I remember how hard my first Christmas was. I just try to talk about my brother and sister and share happy memories. Its painful yet helpful. The only real advice I can offer, is to be kind with yourself. Do what ever it is you need to do, to help you find comfort. Come here and share more about your brother, when you feel up to it.

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
Re: My first holiday
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »
Dear Emmerann,

First of all I am very sorry for your loss.  My "words of advice" are don't keep your pain and sorrow all bottled up inside.  I have found talking with others who have been through similar situations really helps.  Hopefully this will help you feel a little bit better.  There is no right or wrong way to grieve, you have to find what works for you.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.