Author Topic: Poem by Lesley  (Read 1494 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Poem by Lesley
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »
Full Moon and Loons

White moon pours a liquid brightness
Downward across the waters
And eye of Day, full of knowing,
Piercing through the night.

Like lost spirits calling through the darkness,
Like the Night itself calling for the Day,
The low, uncanny tremolo of Loons,
Heart-stirring calls for all things wild.

Calls like an empty embrace,
A depthless longing,
Sent outward,
With only an echo returned.

And I am lost among them, wild and free,
My own language slipping away,
As with a new voice I move, bodiless,
Into the cool, endless mystery of Night.

By Lesley (The last poem she ever wrote.)

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Poem by Lesley
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
"The haunting cry of the Common Loon stirs profound emotions in anyone who hears it. The loon symbolizes the wildness that many of us, trapped in an ever-more-urbanized society, long for from the depths of our souls."
-Cornell U site

Lesley's poetry speaks so much of who she was and who she longed to be. I continue to be fascinated with the mystery and the desires Lesley possessed and you were both so blessed to have known each other.

I hear the deep love resonating from your own soul whenever you share of your precious sister!

Thank You so much for sharing more of Lesley with us!

((((((((Helene & Lesley)))))))))

My Love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Poem by Lesley
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Thank you Terry.

I too have been deeply moved by the haunting, wild cry of the Loon - a creature forever elusive and beautiful and yet somehow its cry always reminded me of death, death: which, somehow I believe, isn't the horrible, tragic, forever ending, ugly 'thing' that other times I see it to be but rather...something elusive and beautiful that us mortals don't yet understand but one day will....or have forgotten.

Thank you for reading and appreciating Lesley's poem. I too am fascinated by her and am still getting to know her because in life, as now in death, she was always an elusive, beautiful mystery who was forever seeking, seeking, seeking. I can only hope that now she has found her mystery and is able to move on in a magical, new way into realms we can only dream about while we exist on this earth. I hope that for all whom we have lost.

Much love,

Helene

Helene & Lesley