Author Topic: missing husband  (Read 9913 times)

Kandi

• View Profile
missing husband
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
Although I lost my husband many years ago, I find that I still cry because I miss him so much.  I feel so alone sometimes.  I am not even sure how to put into words everything I am feeling.  I have two grown children, but I only see them about 4 times a year.  We don't live in the same town.  I wish I could see them and my granddchildren more often, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  I work full time, but am on vacation right now.  Sometimes, I don't think vacation is the best thing because I seem to become even more lonely and down when I am not busy, yet right now I can't find the energy to stay busy.  Just thought I would share some of my feelings.  Thanks.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: missing husband
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »

Hi Kandi,

Welcome to webhealing! I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband and although he died many years ago, I understand still missing him very much. It must be difficult not seeing your children and Grandchildren as much as you would like. It helps to have family close.

You'll meet others here who have also experienced similar losses and are struggling to rebuild their lives. There is a great group of people here! I'm glad you found us.

Tell us more about your husband when you're comfortable doing so and know we care here, very much!

Sending hugs (((((((((((Kandi)))))))))

My Love,
Terry

Kandi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:30 AM »
Hi Terry,
It was so good to get a reply from someone.  I am grateful.  July 21st was the anniversary of my husband's death.  He has been gone for 14 years.  Even though every year at that time I would become sad, this year it has hit me harder than usual.  The morning of my husband's death, I remember him giving me a hug and kiss goodby as he left for work.  I had fallen asleep on the couch the night before.  He left me a note reminding me to water is garden.  He had such a green thumb.  He worked out of town as a painter, so he would not have been home until the end of the week.  He was going to call me that evening as he usually  did when having to work out of town.  Right before he was due to call, a police officer showed up at my door with the horrific news that my husband had died of a massive heart attack.  I remember I just could not grasp what he was telling me because my husband was so strong.  Now, it seems that friends have stopped calling and my kids have really tapered off on their visits and phone calls.  All of this just makes it that much harder and I am that much lonlier.  My house had always been full with family and friends, but most of all love.  I was always called upon to help others, but now the phone has just stopped ringing.  I try to fill up my days by doing useful things around the house, taking my dogs for a walk, running errands, but I miss my husband terribly.  We would always go places together, talk in the evenings, watch TV together.  Basically, we did just about everything together.  I am just hurting and I don't know how to help myself.  I have not been able to find a support group where I live, and that is when I came across this support group.  Thank you so much for listening.  Kandi

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »
(((kandi))))

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband.  No matter how much time passes, we will always miss them, could be one year or one million. 

Welcome, I am sorry you have to be here with us.  There is always someone to listen, and we all care very much. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Kandi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
Thank you.  I am sorry for your loss too.  I am glad there are people who understand and I can talk to, although I wish no one had to go through the pain and lonliness of loss.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
Thank you.  I am sorry for your loss too.  I am glad there are people who understand and I can talk to, although I wish no one had to go through the pain and lonliness of loss.

Thank you, I lost my brother just over 2 years ago, and sometimes if feels like yesterday.  Yes, this is a club that no one really wants to belong to.

Come back and let us know how you are doing, ok?

Kandi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »
I'm feeling a bit down today.  I am forcing myself to get a few things done around the house.  I did take my dogs for a walk, but now I just feel like crawling back into bed and crying.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 10:35:56 AM »
Kandi,

Crawl back into bed and take one of your furry friends with you. Sometimes sleep is what we need most. The stress on our bodies caused by grieving takes it's toll after awhile. Take good care of 'you' and if something doesn't absolutely have to be done today, don't do it!

Know I care!

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »
Kandi ~ just checking up on you.  Please post an update if you wish. 

Sending love and light.

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
Thank you, I lost my brother just over 2 years ago, and sometimes if feels like yesterday.  Yes, this is a club that no one really wants to belong to.

Thanks for teaching us the secret handshake. It feels better knowing that others understand what we're going through. ;-)  (((Pam)))

Regards,
John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57:59 AM »

Thanks for teaching us the secret handshake. It feels better knowing that others understand what we're going through. ;-)  (((Pam)))

Regards,
John

Thanks, John.  ((((John and your Kit))))