Author Topic: Missing my Husband  (Read 3354 times)

Dorjane

• View Profile
Missing my Husband
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »
I'm new to this post, don't really know how to use it yet. I lost my husband of 45 years on November 16th, 2010. He had just turned 65yrs on the 13th of November. He was out deer hunting with a friend and had a heart attack. His friend said he just slumped over the steering wheel, so he rushed him to our small town and called the first responders to give him cpr. I am also a first responder, so I rush to town not knowing it was my husband. I knew when I seen him he was gone. That day will always be burned in my mind. It has been almost eight months and I cry everyday for him.

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
Re: Missing my Husband
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
I'm new to this post, don't really know how to use it yet. I lost my husband of 45 years on November 16th, 2010. He had just turned 65yrs on the 13th of November. He was out deer hunting with a friend and had a heart attack. His friend said he just slumped over the steering wheel, so he rushed him to our small town and called the first responders to give him cpr. I am also a first responder, so I rush to town not knowing it was my husband. I knew when I seen him he was gone. That day will always be burned in my mind. It has been almost eight months and I cry everyday for him.

Hi, DorJane - so sorry to hear of your terrible loss.  I lost a husband years ago, and a son more recently.  Eight months isn't very long for such an unexpected and large loss.  Cry as long as you need to cry.

Don't hesitate to stop by here and let folks know how you are doing.  Everyone here knows how it feels to be in the midst of a heart shattering grief.

All my best.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »

Hi DorJane,

I'm so sorry to know you're having to live without your husband. And, thank you for telling your story. It's always difficult the first time whenever we do it. You're doing fine posting but if you should need any help just contact Pam or I and we'll be more than happy to help you in every way we can.

As Sarah shared with you, 8 months is not a long time when suffering such a traumatic loss. I think we're in a fog for such a long time, our lives being rearranged in an instant and then struggling to adjust to it.

I understand reliving that day and over and over again. It's hard not to.

Welcome to our Webhealing family where I know you will connect with others who can relate to such a great loss. Share as little or as much as you are able to and just know that we care here, very much.

Crying is cleansing....in so many ways....

Sending you a hug.  (((((((((((((DorJane)))))))))))
And, lots of love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
HI DorJane ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband.

Welcome, I am sorry you have to be here with us.  There are many people who understand what you are experincing, and with that, there is a lot of love and support here.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.  And as Terry said, you may contact her or myself (Pam) and we are more than happy to help you along.

Sending love and light.

Pam
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:56:19 AM »
Hi again DorJane ~

Just wondering how you are doing.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Dorjane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
Just trying to take it day by day. Some days are better than others. But I guess we all have those kind of days. Thank goodness for this site. It helps to read what others are thinking and doing to try to go on.

Thanks,
Dorjane

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »

Dorjane,

One day at a time is how we do it. So true! I think of everyone, whether they post or they read. So, it's always so nice to see an update and know that you're doing OK. Taking it day by day!

Know you're loved and cared for here!

Hugs & Love,
Terry