Author Topic: Mr. Top Hat & Katie  (Read 2817 times)

CarolA

• Vikki ~ 8/29/66 - 6/16/03
    • View Profile
Mr. Top Hat & Katie
« on: July 02, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »
You know I'm thinking about you and Adam. Always in my heart.
I remember when we both first came here. Does it still seem like yesterday
to you? I can't believe the time that has passed.
You know how special you are to me and how special Adam is - Mr. Top hat, smiling.
Today my husband and I were driving home from shopping, my mind wandering as I looked out the window, saw a bus turning into a camp ground with some cheerleaders in the bus, bunch of kids - I let out a chuckle.
Hubby ask what was so funny, I said "oh...just thinking about a story Katie told me
about Adam ." I thought to myself then - wow, the kid is still saying * Hi * at least, that's how I'm going to see it and hope you do too. 
Love to you and your wonderful family
Carol

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Top Hat & Katie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 06:55:14 AM »
Carol,

I just got goosebumps reading your story... yep those kiddos are always around trying to let us know.

Katie,

You know I'm thinking of you and Adam.  These days don't get easier just different from those early years.  8 years since we have seen our boys... still keeps me at the headshaking part of life.  I just got back from attending cheerleading camp for 4 days.  My niece is the high school coach and I went as an advisor... anyway the UCA staff was telling a story of one of their own they lost to a car accident a year ago... he name was Mark and they had all the campers form a big M and will post a pic for his parents on the UCA website, they try to do this at all their camps... it was so very moving and very hard.  The girls on my niece's squad know about Philip... I gave all the staff a big hug from all the parents out there who wish for their children to never be forgotten and how much it means to that young man's parents.

You and Adam are always in my thoughts and especially this time of year.

Love you and sending a great big hug,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever

Jeanie's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »
Me too thinking of you Katie and Adam. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:33 AM »

Thinking of beautiful ((((Adam)))) today, with Love!

Love,
Terry

Katie--Adam's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 12:39:57 PM »
Dearest Carol,

I'm sure I know who was driving that bus...no doubt entertaining the kids with her Sylvia.  Likely Vikki was also helping Adam and Philip do a little sightseeing, tee hee.  It is no coincidence that cheerleading camp spoke to Jeanne too!

Vikki says hey to me, too.  It's the muppets and the Swedish chef thing usually, usually through my daughter.  Always brings a smile.

Hope you are doing okay.  The time has gone by fast but also it has been too long without our sweet kids.  Rather confusing thing, time.

Love and hugs,
Katie

Jeanne,

I guess there were lots of hello, Mom signs going around.  You know our boys can't be far away when there are cheerleaders!

It's hard to believe we are still standing all these years later.  Even harder to believe that our boys could be gone so long.

I will be thinking of you and Philip during these hard days.  I hope the days pass quickly and are as gentle as possible with you.

Thank you!

Love and hugs,
Katie

Dear Lizzy,

Oh my gosh it's so good to see you!  I think of you and Jeanie so often and always remember what an amazing girl she is.  Hope you are doing okay.  I've missed you!

Thank you!
Much love,
Katie

Terry,

Thank you for thinking of Adam.

Hugs,
Katie