Author Topic: Grief Cannot Be Rushed  (Read 7226 times)

Sad and Lonely

• View Profile
Grief Cannot Be Rushed
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »
I received a email from Grief Share this morning and I would like to share it with all of you. It may help others understand the process of their grief. I found it very inspirational.

Grief Cannot Be Rushed

Your journey through grief cannot be compared to another person's journey. You will grieve in your way and in your time. Grief does not have a set time limit. The only certainty is that it will take longer than you want it to.

"It's a process that cannot be rushed," says Dr. Robert Jeffress. "As a pastor who has dealt with hundreds and hundreds of people who have gone through a loss, I can tell you that it is a process, and it is a longer process than any of us want to believe.

"Going through grief is like going through a tunnel. The bad news is the tunnel is dark. The good news is that once you enter into that tunnel, you are already on your way out."

Your journey is your own, but you are not alone. Do not be afraid to cry out to God,

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Psalm 13:2).

How long, Lord, how long? This tunnel is so dark. Show me Your light. Amen.

I hope this helps you all with what we are dealing with.

Sad and Lonely
Sad and lonely

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Grief Cannot Be Rushed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:16:55 AM »
(((Sad and Lonely)))

Thank you for sharing this.  

Sending love and light your way.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:19:55 AM by browneyedgirl »
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
Sad and Lonely ~ checking in on you.....let us know how you are doing.

Sad and Lonely

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:57:03 PM »
Hi Browneyedgirl,

Thanks for asking, but I don't think you realy want to know how I'm doing, becauseing I am not doing so well. I am missing my wonderful wife so much and I feel so lonely, I don't know what to do. I thought I was doing better but my grief is back like a vengence. I don't know what is wrong but I have been having some severe low back pain and pain in to my legs and feet. Maybe it is the stress of missing my wife so much or feeling so alone and lonesome. I try to do things and to be with people but nothing I do gives me any pleasure. I can't stop thinking about my beautiful wife and how much she suffered these last two years before she died. I keep going over in my mind if there was something more I could have or should have done to help save her life. She was such a wonderful, kind, giving and loveing person, I don't know how to go on without her.

Sad and Lonely
Sad and lonely

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »
Sad and Lonely ~ I do want to know how you are feeling - good or bad, that's what we are here for, right?  :)

I am however, sorry to here that you're not doing well.  And I am sorry to read of the pain you're having in your back, legs and feet, please go to the doctor, if you can, okay? 

I am so sorry for your pain.  It will come and go in waves, at least it did for me.  Correction - it never goes, some days are just better than others. 

Lots of love and hugs to you.

Sad and Lonely

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
Hi Browneyedgirl,

Some good news for a change. I am feeling much better today, I am still missing my beautiful wife but at least most of the back, leg and foot pain has eased up. I have a appointment to see the doctor next week, I went for blood work yesterday and my doctor should have the results of that before I go to see him.
Tell me, how are you doing with your grief these days, well I hope. I know that the pain will never go away completly but I hope that it gets a little eaiser as each day goes by.

Thank you so much for careing and lots of love and hugs to you as well.

Sad and Lonely
Sad and lonely

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »
Hi Sad and Lonely ~ I am glad to read that you are feeling better.  Please come back and update us on your health.

As for me, I am doing okay, it's been a bit over 2 years since I lost my brother, and his birthday is this month.  I have been having these overwhelming feelings of sadness come over me, sometimes connected to my brother - sometimes not. 

Thank you for asking.

Take care of yourself.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
So sorry for your loss sad and lonely. Thank you for posting that grief can't be rushed.

Browneyedgirl, ((hug)) and my heart goes out to you as you remember your brother with love. I haven't come on here much, as it is three years for me and i am plugging along, but i can see all the care you give others. You are very special and I wish you a little peace every day.

Terri

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
So sorry for your loss sad and lonely. Thank you for posting that grief can't be rushed.

Browneyedgirl, ((hug)) and my heart goes out to you as you remember your brother with love. I haven't come on here much, as it is three years for me and i am plugging along, but i can see all the care you give others. You are very special and I wish you a little peace every day.

Terri

Yes, thank you Sad and Lonely for sharing that. It is so true and always helps to be reminded especially when others are quick to nudge us to "move on." :(

Terri, so nice to see you post! I've missed you. I was posting (our) Kevin's Angel Date on the calendar and could hardly believe that almost 2 years has gone by already since he left us. I miss him dearly as I know most here do.

Pam is VERY special. So loving and she cares so deeply for others. You always find the time to let others know how much you appreciate them!

((((((((((((Terri)))))))))

Take care and don't be a stranger!

Love,
the other Terry! :)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »

Terri

Terri ~ nice to see you.........thank you for the kind words.  It means a lot to me.

I remember when I first came here, you were one of the ones to first greet me, and we spoke a bit about the great love of fishing your Mike and my brother shared.  I know they are up there doing what they loved most.  :)   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:03:15 AM by browneyedgirl »

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
Pam is VERY special. So loving and she cares so deeply for others. You always find the time to let others know how much you appreciate them!

Love,
the other Terry! :)

Terry ~ thank you....much love to you always.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:56 AM »
       Thank you Pam and Terry for both the welcome back and for all of your kind words to me and others here. I wrote to Tom as well.

I visited this site daily for a very long time, as I learned how to live my life without my best friend and true love Mike. Our sudden loss of Mike at age 44 left me and our three kids reeling and in overwhelming grief.
I have been hard at work for three years to try to create, "Something out of nothing", is how it feels to me in this new and scary world. I am glad to say I am feeling more clear minded and less afraid. I miss Mike enormously, and my heart just breaks for our kids at lots of moments, but, they also are getting their stability back. I would say they are happy. College, friends and so on. Some problems too, especially our youngest with some special needs, he struggles.
I wrote this a.m. to wish everyone on here a true moment of peace, I learned to find those moments by thinking of a shared smile between me and Mike. One time I rigged up a bunch of sprinklers at once on the lawn and he thought it was really funny- I remember the exact moment that we laughed with each other. Those thoughts outweigh all the ways I wish I did things differently, or could have etc. I am learning not to go there, just love him and myself in a human way, as imperfect yet loving. It has helped me, and I hope someone else can get something from my note. Keep caring for yourself and putting one foot in front of the other. Sending wishes of strength and comfort to you all. Pam and Terry too! :)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
((Terri)))

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Sad and Lonely ~ checking up on you......

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »
checking up on you again.....