Author Topic: Explaination  (Read 3191 times)

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Explaination
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:44:46 AM »
Hi All,

As I told Terry in email, I am sorry for the post I made.  I was not aware at the time, I was having a medical problem that was affecting both my body and my mental stability.  I knew at the time, I was very sick with IBS, a condition I have had for a number of years.  I just knew it was the worse I had had in years.

I was so sick one Saturday, a neighbor call a ambulance for me.  ER docs said it was nothing more than the IBS and told me to see a gastro doc.

I hated the idea of paying 200 for a office call, but I made the appt, and in reality, that office call probably saved my life, or at least stopped me from getting worse than what I was.  The doctor checked my blood tests that the hospital had run Saturday night, and all of my electrolytes were much lower than than should have been.  Sodium level was 115, which the dr said he was surprised I was still functioning at all.  So, I am off 2 blood pressure pills and have added salt back to my diet, and have to go bi monthly for blood tests till levels get back to at least near normal.

Blood pressure is staying within normal ranges, and its nice to eat a bag of chips without feeling guilty.

I can only work part time until blood levels return to normal. Its kinda of nice working just 3 days a week.  I have a terrific boss who is working with me on hours!

The low sodium level can cause muscle pain, mental confusion and, logical reasoning is impaired and a lot of other things. I had all those symptoms, but put it off to working too many hours and getting older.

Again, I am sorry.  I have used Toms healing web sinse the beginning, and am glad to be back.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Explaination
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »

I have used Toms healing web sinse the beginning, and am glad to be back.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

And, we're glad to 'have' you back!! Please take care of yourself and keep us updated on any progress.

My Love,
Terry

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 03:57:48 AM »
Dear Peggy,
We are fragile beings aren't we? When I read the post you wrote while your body was out of kilter, I thought to myself "that doesn't sound like the Peggy I know" and I felt so bad for you.  I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself and going to the doctor. In these economically challenging times *whew* that $200 could not have been easy to spend.

I have to admit to being neglectful of my friends on here, you were one of the first to greet me when my Dan died 3 years ago. Coming here saved my life.
Life is better on the buddy system, those of us here know the unfillable hole that is a part of our everyday existance now. My partner Brian told me he would laugh at the jokes that Dan laughed at to help me miss my son less, but when I say something that I know Dan would have found funny now, Brian doesn't laugh. He loves me, but he isn't Dan. It's those moments that were taken away from me forever that leave me feeling now, empty and alone.
I have never met anyone from here face to face, I have said I'd bring the chicken, and that offer stands. Brian is a federal firefighter and is currently in TX fighting wildfires there. He'll be home this coming Thursday after being gone 3 weeks. Then on Monday, he'll go to AZ to fight wildfires there. I won't see much of him this summer, and it's lonely, but I know he's safe, he's wicked smart, and he won't get hurt.
Usually my grand daughter comes down to spend the summer here but her mom and I had a disagreement over there being beer in the fridge, wine in the cupboards and no food except Top Ramen. So now Tanis can't  come down due to my "poor choices"

I didn't mean to make this about me. This is the only place I can come and not have anyone try to solve my problems or remind me of all the good things in life. Could you do me a big favor and write about you dear AC, so many of the early posts that were here when I first got here are gone now, it would mean alot to me to read about your boy.
I am coming here more often than I have in the past several months, I'd like to offer my apologies to you for being neglectful.

Love always,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:40:38 AM »
(((AC Mom)))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »

Hi Peggy -  Good to see you and glad that you are with us!  I hope your body heals quick.

T

Hi All,

As I told Terry in email, I am sorry for the post I made.  I was not aware at the time, I was having a medical problem that was affecting both my body and my mental stability.  I knew at the time, I was very sick with IBS, a condition I have had for a number of years.  I just knew it was the worse I had had in years.

I was so sick one Saturday, a neighbor call a ambulance for me.  ER docs said it was nothing more than the IBS and told me to see a gastro doc.

I hated the idea of paying 200 for a office call, but I made the appt, and in reality, that office call probably saved my life, or at least stopped me from getting worse than what I was.  The doctor checked my blood tests that the hospital had run Saturday night, and all of my electrolytes were much lower than than should have been.  Sodium level was 115, which the dr said he was surprised I was still functioning at all.  So, I am off 2 blood pressure pills and have added salt back to my diet, and have to go bi monthly for blood tests till levels get back to at least near normal.

Blood pressure is staying within normal ranges, and its nice to eat a bag of chips without feeling guilty.

I can only work part time until blood levels return to normal. Its kinda of nice working just 3 days a week.  I have a terrific boss who is working with me on hours!

The low sodium level can cause muscle pain, mental confusion and, logical reasoning is impaired and a lot of other things. I had all those symptoms, but put it off to working too many hours and getting older.

Again, I am sorry.  I have used Toms healing web sinse the beginning, and am glad to be back.

Love and Hugs
Peggy

Tom's New EBook and paperback

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
(( Peggy))
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings