Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 1261 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Hello to everyone
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:53:11 PM »
I have not been on here for a long time.  Since becoming a grandmother and working my fingers to the bone at my job, I just come home, eat and sleep.  I am never without my Jason on the tip of my tongue as I am sure all of you are with your beloved children.  Six and a half years already and I don't know where the time has gone.  There are still days that I think it is all a bad dream and I will wake up when he walks through the door.  We picked his dog up from my daughter today as we were on vacation and she sat in my lap and stared into my eyes.  I know Jason is inside Jesse and was telling me so.  Whenever I see young men his age my eyes well up.  He has not progressed in age and will always be 31 and his sister is not going to be 35 and age he never saw.  I miss him with all my heart.  I hope that those who might still remember us are doing ok... as ok as any of us can be.  I think especially of Paula who has had a most difficult time and Martha, who it seems has had so many deaths.  I still work with probation and work so hard to help the drug dealers go away for a long time and for those addicted, I work just as hard for their hopeful soberiety.  It is a horrific disease and one that has to be worked on every second of the day. In our small community we have had several deaths from overdoses of meth and heroin.  We need to get the dealers off the streets but I know that there will just be others to follow and then there are those that come in from Chicago or  get them to go there.

Thinking of all of you.
Rebecca Jason's Mother

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »
Hi Rebecca,

I remember those days; just eating and sleeping and little time for much else. Your Grandchild is so blessed, so loved.

So good to see your post and to know how you've been doing. Thanks!

Thoughts of your precious Jason, always!

My Love,
Terry

blindsided

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
(((REBECCA)))

It has been a while and hope that you are enjoying that precious granddaughter.  I have #5 on the way in September... hardly seems possible.  Take care of you!!

Hugs,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:49 AM »
((My dear Rebecca)),
Thank you for your beautiful posting. I can always count on you to speak so eloquently from the heart and to always remember others admist your own pain.
My eldest is getting married in Nov. and I yearn for the day that I become a Bubbe. I know that nothing will ever be the same and the worries for the new life will be ever so intensified but when I read your posts I do catch glimpses of the sweetness it is for you to hold your grandbaby in your arms. Oh dear friend, I do the same thing all the time....looking for Adam if someone has a similiar body build or gait and ALWAYS expect him to walk through the door at the age he was when he went to his heavenly home (24).
You work so tirelessly in a field that it is challenging, difficult, limited resources and now more than ever you feel the pain of people like me who have lost a child to the disease and continue the lifetime battle of hoping for the cure with other surviving children. Thank you for your hard work and for all the kind suggestions you have provided for me over the years and even when it's just been a shoulder to lean on or a willing ear to listen; it meant the world to me.
Love Always,
Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings