Author Topic: Linda  (Read 3864 times)

Lew

• View Profile
Linda
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Hi...I lost my lovely wife 3 weeks ago, and I don't know how I will get through this. Linda fought Cancer for five long years, the last 6 months were grueling.Linda was able to stay at home, thanks to Hospice..I was there at her side the whole time..This is so hard..I  was prepared i thought, but reality has set in, and I am hurting so bad...We were the couple that did everything toogether for 25 years, talked about everything, loved each other to the fullest..and now the emptiness I feel is overwhelming..at a complete loss....I know this is early on, but releif I don't think will ever come...I am so alone.....I know not to make decisions right away, I am trying so hard ....I just don't know what to do

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Linda
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Lew,

I'm so sorry for the great loss of your precious wife, Linda. I don't think we're ever really 'prepared' for that harsh reality that sets in and continues to for a long time. Please be gentle and patient with yourself. Her death is so recent and it takes time for the heart to process what has happened.

Welcome to our webhealing family where others are also dealing with great losses and trying to rebuild their lives, even amidst the pain. Share as little or as much as you feel comfortable sharing and know that someone is always here listening, with an open heart.

Take care of yourself right now. Eating well or snacking often and remember to drink plenty of fluids. Rest, if sleep is not an option.

Sending lots of hugs....(((((((((((((((((((Lew))))))))))))))))))

My Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »
Hello Lew ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife, Linda. 

Welcome to Webhealing.  I am sorry you have to be here with us.  You will find many loving, supportive people here.  There is always someone to listen.  I echo all Terry has said above. 

Sending love and light.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »

Lew...thinking of you tonight. Weekends were always especially hard for me after my husband died.

Sending you a Big Hug ((((((((((((((((((Lew)))))))))))))))))

And, lots of love,
Terry

arthur

• nospam
  • ((Maureen))
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
Hi Lew I just want to tell you how sorry I am to hear of your loss. I just want to let you know you've come to the right place for help. i lost my wife Maureen on 041411 and the people here helped me alot and continue to help me. You are not alone in your loss . Take care and take it one day at a time and hang on. -arthur

Tinabeth

• nospam
  • Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »
So sorry for the loss of your wife.  Praying for you. 
Jay "Jaybo" Buford 1.28.1963 - 2.17.2011
My love - my best friend - my life - for 29 years.