Author Topic: 11 years today...  (Read 4265 times)

Johns Mom

• nospam
  • My "Bestest Boy"
    • View Profile
11 years today...
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:43:15 AM »
My son, John Patrick, passed away 11 years ago today...my heart still aches and always will.  This board was a lifeline for me in the early years of his passing..I made some wonderful friends here.  Today is not an easy day for me...my husband and I went to the cemetery earlier this morning and sat by John's grave for a while. I'm so glad we finally had him moved here to Georgia, so at least we can visit his grave.  Inbetween my tears today I will do my best to remember the happy memories too, I know that's what John would want me to do. I miss YOU with all my heart John..YOU will always be Mommy's "Bestest" Boy!!!   Pat...John's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: 11 years today...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Dearest Pat,

I know how hard today is for you, missing John so much. And, I don't believe these dates will ever be without tears. Just know I'm holding you so close to my heart and sending hugs and lots of love while you're missing your "Bestest" Boy."

John, please let your Momma know you are still with her and will always be.

((((((((((((((((Pat & Family))))))))))))))))

Love,
Terry

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 09:34:47 AM »
Dear Pat, so sorry I am a day late but please know I am thinking of you and your boy.  These days make you feel so helpless once again.

I share you and your husbands pain

Don :LA:
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

momofwatsonx

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
Pat my heart goest out to you..... it seems like this journey never gets any easier.... my prayers are with you and John.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 05:34:58 AM »
Hi Pat-11 years, hard to imagine. I am coming up on Adam's 5th this Sept., a friend of mind just passed her 7th yesterday. Each day is difficult and these angelannviersary (birthday's, passings) make us remember specific #'s even more. I never thought that I would get to this point in the early days, saying 5 years. Such long milestones. It was good to hear from you, even under saddened circumstances. I'm glad that your move worked out well for you. I wish you peace, blessings and your angel's daily presence in your life via signs of his enduring, ongoing love for you.
XO Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Ramona

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
(((((Pat))))))

Hard to believe all these years have gone by without our boys.   I am glad you took the step to move him near you and it has brought you some comfort.  We are darned if we do and darned if we don't with walking with our grief.  I still think of you and John fondly.  You were a great comfort to me when I needed so much support.  I was so lost and so afraid in the early days.  It is hard going it alone but I have adjusted to my new reality.  At least my head has, my heart will always long for and miss my sweet Tim as I am sure you and your husband will always miss John.

Recently I saw authors who have lost adult children and they both have said there is no closure to ever be found.  Toni Morrison told Oprah that she will always be sad about her son's loss the rest of her life and there will never be a closure to him dying.  I was glad to hear her say this because it will always be deep inside us, the pain and the love.  They live side by side.

And Iyanla Vanzant whose daughter died of cancer said to bring a child into to the world through your body and then be there when they left is a sense of completion.  She said God must have something powerful for her to do, to have her go through this.  I have thought of this often since hearing her say this.....because Tim came through my body and then I felt his spirit leave his body and go through though my body when he left.   Trying to understand what these means but I know this has made me more determined to live life more.  I know we shared together how hard it was to watch our boys endure so much with their physical bodies towards the end of their lives.  They did it with such love, grace and courage.  This is what I remember when I think about your John and you.  This message of love and hope still helps me today. 

Much love to you and John,  Ramona Tim's Mom 

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »
(((((Pat)))))) These days never get easier. Not so sure life gets easier either.
Love to you Pat
SAYING JOHN OUT LOUD AND KNOWING HE HEARS <3