Author Topic: Where Is Every One?  (Read 2387 times)

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
Where Is Every One?
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »
Dear Parents,

I need you to help me with this horrible trip.  My Son and Best Friend comitted suicide.  I found him in his home with the gun I had given him still in his hand.  I a combat veterand and retired Chief of Police totally broke down and still do occasionaly.

I feel better when I get a chance to talk about my Son as he was my life, now I just drift thru each day.  I had been with him in his work shop just hours before, he seemed fine and he told me he was.  He walked me to my truck with his arm over my shoulder and said he would see me in the morning.  That never happened as I have narrowed it down to around 6:30 am that he left me.  There were no good-byes even as close as we were.

Please think about participating on this board.  Yes there will be tears but there will also be much support.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Where Is Every One?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Hi Don,

I LOVE hearing about Donny! And, often visit his site to read the heartwarming stories. Oh, how you loved your best buddy!

As you mentioned, "there will be tears" because, yes it is VERY difficult to write those feelings down. It makes it concrete and becomes more real every time we share about them. And we all know how we don't 'want' it to be real, and I think that's the hardest part in those earlier years. We want to wake up from this horrible nightmare and we just can't.

I hear from members all the time that share that they wouldn't be able to make it through a day if they didn't have this place to come to.......to read. To not feel so all alone.

I second what you wrote, that there is a lot of support here and thanks, Don for reaching out to others who are trying to live with the same pain as you, to let them know that you are here for them. I know that means the world to them!

I, too would love to hear from everyone and hear how they have been doing. My heart goes out to all!

My Love to you, Don and of course, thoughts of your "Donny", always!

Terry

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
Re: Where Is Every One?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
Dear Parents,

I need you to help me with this horrible trip.  My Son and Best Friend comitted suicide.  I found him in his home with the gun I had given him still in his hand.  I a combat veterand and retired Chief of Police totally broke down and still do occasionaly.

I feel better when I get a chance to talk about my Son as he was my life, now I just drift thru each day.  I had been with him in his work shop just hours before, he seemed fine and he told me he was.  He walked me to my truck with his arm over my shoulder and said he would see me in the morning.  That never happened as I have narrowed it down to around 6:30 am that he left me.  There were no good-byes even as close as we were.

Please think about participating on this board.  Yes there will be tears but there will also be much support.

Don

Yes, it is good to have the support, and it is worth the tears.  The tears will come anyhow - it is better if we are not alone.

I definitely agree with Terry that I would be interested in anything you would want to write about your son.  It can help us feel better to be able to talk about our loved ones, so post away anytime you think it would help - if you just want to share a brief memory, or you want to write 20 paragraphs . . . know that you are welcome to do it.

It helps me a lot when I am around people who are accepting of listening to me talk about Vincent.  Like Donny was to you, he was my best bud.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift