Author Topic: My tears keep flowing .......................  (Read 7982 times)

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
My tears keep flowing .......................
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
Hi,

It's been 3 1/2 months since I lost my fiancee' Lou. I cry all the time and some times I just sob and it feels like I can't get control.

I miss him every second, minute , hour of everyday. 

I still feel so alone in this big world.  I wonder why God thinks I can handle the loss of Lou.  I am not strong enough.  Everyday when I wake up I hope my nightmare goes away and he's back. 

I look all around hoping to see him.  I know this sounds silly but I said to my friend I just want to drive to Heaven and tell God I need Lou back. That you had him long enough. 

I really truly don't ever see getting through this. I know it's still raw but the pain in my heart hurts so bad and I feel so emptied.

Our birthdays are approching in April.  My birthday is April 6th and Lou's is the 7th.  We always celebrated our birthday's together.  It was important to both of us.  I always bought us a cake and would tell Lou you are never to old for a birthday cake.  For Lou's birthday I am going to the cemetery.  Never thought I would be spending his birthday there.  I am going to get ballons and a small cake or cup cakes. 

Thank you for listening ......

Lisa
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My tears keep flowing .......................
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »
((((((((((Lisa)))))))))

You 'will' get through this. You 'are' strong enough. You're just in an enormous amount of pain right now from missing the love of your life.

Your birthdays coming up is bringing even more pain and sadness to your heart. These dates are brutal on us. Please be patient with yourself and keep posting your every feeling. It helps!

I'm sending you a big hug. Wish you could feel it.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You have my Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:17:16 AM »
(((Lisa))

Terry has said it very well....you are stong enough, trust me, you just don't know it yet. 

(((Lisa)))

Thinking of you......
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 05:42:02 AM »
Terry &  Browneyedgirl,

Thank you for listening the kind words and of course the hugs.  I did feel them because you care :)

Even though I don't feel "strong enough" to get through the loss of Lou.  I believe both of you because you've both went through this kind of loss and pain. 

Sending my love and hugs
 (((((((((((((((( TERRY )))))))))))))))) & (((((((((((((((( Browneyedgirl ))))))))))))))

"Soulmates Forever"

Lana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »
I as most posting and reading on Tom's websit that are all so lucky to have access to can relate to your pain. Your feeling of weakness to continue is part of the grief that so many of us go through. I expept that a large number of us don't feel like we have the strengh to go on at some point but we all have a purpose and we must continue. I first came to this webpage in 1996 after loosing my 10 year old son. His father passed 6 months later. I won't continue with how many more family and friends have passed since - there have been way too many. I recently lost a close friend and almost lost my brother this week which is what brought me back here. Let me just say that I am the exception not the rule in regards to loss of loved ones - at least at my age.  You will no doubt loose other loved ones in your future, hopefully not for many, many years. It is an unfortunate part of our existance... at least our mortal existance. Whatever your beliefs are - life after life - or not ... the fact that you are here at this site shows that you have a genuine heart and are truely a caring person. I would hope for you and all others to find a way to honor those that you have lost. Learn from your relationships and unfortunate loss/sorrow to find a way to help others with that knowledge. What bettter way to show your love for those that you have lost than to help others that have lost as well... For now, let yourself grieve, but in time perhaps use your experience to help others. Again, it will honor your loved one and hopefully give you some comfort and meaning to your loss. You never know - your words could save a life. Best wishes to you, stay strong and never loose the love in your heart that the very special relationship brought to you.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
Lana,

I want to start off by saying I am so sorry to hear the loss of your son and his father.  Also, the recent loss of your friend. 

I hope your brother is better .....

I have lost family and friends too. I took them hard but the loss of Lou is different. The love we have is all different for a child, spouse, mom, father, friend. aunt , etc

I don't doubt that a lot of people feel or have felt like me that we aren't strong enough. I know each and everyone of us has a journey.  What the journey is I have no idea. I thought Lou was going on my journey with me.

I cry all the time for Lou.  I know it's part of the grieving and it will take time.  I am sure at one point I can help someone like all of us here and I will when I get there.

Right now I am looking to have a tree planted in Lou's memory.  He loved being outside !!

The love that I have for Lou will always be strong and in my heart forever.

Wishing you the best too !!! 

"Soulmates Forever"

Her Big Sister

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
MyLou

I am so sorry for your loss

I think planting a tree in his memory is a great way to honour his memory - and I hope helped you at the same time. 

Everyone deals with loss differently - and what may be right for some, might not be for another.  You please take care of you.

We will always miss our loved ones terribly - I truly hope that each day becomes easier to put one foot in front of the other and to be kind to you.   

((hugs))

Lana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
Hello again,

Your words go straight to the heart as that is certainly where they came from. No loss is the same for everyone. In my first posting, I should have started with how sorry I am for your loss of Lou. You obviously shared a loving beautiful relationship. My son, Brian's father and I were divorced when he past. I grieved of course but the most difficult part of that was having to tell my daughter that now she has lost her father in addition to her brother - her best friend. I lost an ex-boyfirend - never married  but my longest relationship - not the same as loosing some one you love so and expect to spend the rest of your life with since our relationship had ended. Lucky to still have been friends. I have not experienced what you have. I can only imagine the pain and it saddens me so for you as well as all that have gone through and are going through that. Going off track here and I hope you don't mind and I hope I dont affend anyone. When I first came to this site in 1996 it was much different. There was no separation of postings, just one site for all. Everyones grief is so raw. What people must remember is for all of us that have lost loved ones, we all have at least one that for us is the worst. I had lost loved ones before and since but nothing compared to my son. You aren't supposed to out live your children. Back to the point - since everyone was posting about different losses, some would get offended by those that compare their losses to others. I hope you know I wasn't trying to do that. One post that I will never forget is a person who responded to anothers post. In this particular post it was a response to someone whose mother had just passed. The responder said " I know how you feel, my cat just died and I am devestated." Oh my gosh, talk aout a ton of responses and it wasn't pretty. But this person had apparently never experienced anything worse in her heart. So many people were offended and posted it very sternly.  Personally I was offended as well, as much as I have loved all of our pets I would never compare it to the loss of a person. I'm rambling a little here - my minds going in a lot of different directions. I'll close that part by just saying I think Tom has done a really good thing by separating losses into the type of losses you have experienced. That way everyone is close to being on the same page and therefore less chance of conflict.      My posting to you was the first I've done in many years. I didn't know if I'd post at all being away from the site for so long but your heading touched my heart and I wanted to help. I know of course that only time will help. I dislike when people say you will get over it or find closure. What I believe is more accurate is that you will learn how to live with it. I wish you good dreams about Lou, I still find compfort in dreams especially when I get a hug from my son. I wish for you happiness in your future even though it may not seem yet like you can have that... I pray you do. Take care!

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »

Her Big Sister.

I want to say I am sorry for your loss. 

Thank you for your kind words it means a lot to me :)

Yes, I can't until I get the tree planted for Lou. 

Take care too !!!

((((((((((((((((( Her Big Sister )))))))))))))))))))))

MyLou

I am so sorry for your loss

I think planting a tree in his memory is a great way to honour his memory - and I hope helped you at the same time. 

Everyone deals with loss differently - and what may be right for some, might not be for another.  You please take care of you.

We will always miss our loved ones terribly - I truly hope that each day becomes easier to put one foot in front of the other and to be kind to you.   

((hugs))
[/quote]
"Soulmates Forever"

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »

Hi Lana,

Thank you for posting again.  To tell you the truth I wasn't sure how to take your first post.  I am glad you came back to explain.  I didn't think that you meant any of your words in a bad way but wasn't sure how to take it.

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your son.  I can't even imagine.

Yes, I have some people very surprise that I haven't gotten through the loss of Lou. I tell them until they are in my shoes they will not know how I feel even if it was for 5 seconds.   I cry all time and don't do much because I am still grieving.  You can't put a time on your grieving.

I get many signs from Lou and I write them in my journal.  I only had one dream of Lou and we were getting married. It was weird because I knew he was there but couldn't see his face.  I woke up in the middle of the night and his picture was showing on my cell.  The only way his picture would show if I were to slide my phone up.  So I know that these were more signs from My Lou. 

Thank you again for the kind words and I am wish you the best and happiness.

((((((((((((( Lana ))))))))))))))

Hello again,

Your words go straight to the heart as that is certainly where they came from. No loss is the same for everyone. In my first posting, I should have started with how sorry I am for your loss of Lou. You obviously shared a loving beautiful relationship. My son, Brian's father and I were divorced when he past. I grieved of course but the most difficult part of that was having to tell my daughter that now she has lost her father in addition to her brother - her best friend. I lost an ex-boyfirend - never married  but my longest relationship - not the same as loosing some one you love so and expect to spend the rest of your life with since our relationship had ended. Lucky to still have been friends. I have not experienced what you have. I can only imagine the pain and it saddens me so for you as well as all that have gone through and are going through that. Going off track here and I hope you don't mind and I hope I dont affend anyone. When I first came to this site in 1996 it was much different. There was no separation of postings, just one site for all. Everyones grief is so raw. What people must remember is for all of us that have lost loved ones, we all have at least one that for us is the worst. I had lost loved ones before and since but nothing compared to my son. You aren't supposed to out live your children. Back to the point - since everyone was posting about different losses, some would get offended by those that compare their losses to others. I hope you know I wasn't trying to do that. One post that I will never forget is a person who responded to anothers post. In this particular post it was a response to someone whose mother had just passed. The responder said " I know how you feel, my cat just died and I am devestated." Oh my gosh, talk aout a ton of responses and it wasn't pretty. But this person had apparently never experienced anything worse in her heart. So many people were offended and posted it very sternly.  Personally I was offended as well, as much as I have loved all of our pets I would never compare it to the loss of a person. I'm rambling a little here - my minds going in a lot of different directions. I'll close that part by just saying I think Tom has done a really good thing by separating losses into the type of losses you have experienced. That way everyone is close to being on the same page and therefore less chance of conflict.      My posting to you was the first I've done in many years. I didn't know if I'd post at all being away from the site for so long but your heading touched my heart and I wanted to help. I know of course that only time will help. I dislike when people say you will get over it or find closure. What I believe is more accurate is that you will learn how to live with it. I wish you good dreams about Lou, I still find compfort in dreams especially when I get a hug from my son. I wish for you happiness in your future even though it may not seem yet like you can have that... I pray you do. Take care!
[/quote]
"Soulmates Forever"

Her Big Sister

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
Just wanted to stop and say hello to you MyLou... You have been on my mind, and I hope that today is a good day.

When I lost my sister 3 weeks ago, I had no idea that the sadness could be so profound.  I won't pretend to know how it feels for you - but please know that you're in my thoughts - and I will try to listen and understand.

I have adapted a sort of mantra for myself - and i'll share it

when we are born, we have to learn how to crawl - then we learn how to walk, and do so my taking one step at a time. 

be kind to yourself and take it a step at a time

I look forward to hearing about the tree that you are having planted - do you know what kind it is (did you get to choose?)  I think it is such a symbolic message of life, hope and a way to celebrate the love you had for each other.  What a loving tribute.

Take care of yourself.

((hugs))

flamingofred

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 09:38:56 PM »
When my husband passed away i cried alot , i found out that i had to go thru what i had to go thru i had to feel what i had to feel.
there is no right or wrong there just is.