Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 3771 times)

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
Valentine's Day
« on: February 14, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
God, but this day sucks. What's the Valentine's Day version of "Bah, humbug"?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »

Thinking of you today, John and your beautiful Kit and hoping you find some peace in a special memory.

((((((((((John & Kit Forever))))))))))

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:50:19 PM »
((((John)))))

Thinking of you and your Kit.

Much love.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day, John - and Happy Valentine's Day to all of us who are without are most beloveds this day.

I guess we will just have to settle for being each other's Valentines.  It's not what our hearts most desire, but it's not too shabby.

Love to all!
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
Yes, Sarah, not too shabby at all! ;-)

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. Yesterday wasn't one of my better days. All of the hype surrounding the day didn't help much either. I spent part of yesterday reading over and over the card Kit gave me last year, on what turned out to be our last Valentine's Day together. She always chose the most appropriate cards. Even as sick as she was this time last year she still found time to select a card that said exactly what she wanted to say. Two stanzas stand out now:

I'm glad I have you
  To dry my tears
  To hear my thoughts
  And calm my fears

I'm glad I have you
  To help me cope
  To share your strength
  and help me cope

Even now I can't read that without tears starting to flow. This was just after she stopped chemo, after the cancer clinic told us that treatments were no longer slowing the disease. Less than two months later she was gone.

John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
((John))

Thank you for sharing the card that Kit gave you.....hoping you are feeling a bit better today. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
Yes, Sarah, not too shabby at all! ;-)

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. Yesterday wasn't one of my better days. All of the hype surrounding the day didn't help much either. I spent part of yesterday reading over and over the card Kit gave me last year, on what turned out to be our last Valentine's Day together. She always chose the most appropriate cards. Even as sick as she was this time last year she still found time to select a card that said exactly what she wanted to say. Two stanzas stand out now:

I'm glad I have you
  To dry my tears
  To hear my thoughts
  And calm my fears

I'm glad I have you
  To help me cope
  To share your strength
  and help me cope

Even now I can't read that without tears starting to flow. This was just after she stopped chemo, after the cancer clinic told us that treatments were no longer slowing the disease. Less than two months later she was gone.

John

Beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.

I can imagine it did bring tears to your eyes, but how great - for you and for your wife - that you had such a wonderful love.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »
After the passage of a few days and a weekend spent with friends rather than my own thoughts and I'm definitely feeling better. As tough as they were, those days last week also feel like a form of catharsis and by letting those feelings out I am able to go on. I think another reason I'm more upbeat today is because Kit came to me in a dream this morning. Was my imagination at work here or was it a message? I don't know, and the darned cat woke me before it finished, but the dream is still vivid in my mind as I type this.

John