Author Topic: Hi Everyone...what's new? Checking in  (Read 8773 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone...what's new? Checking in
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
I wanted to post and let everyone know that I think of all of you often. 

I would like to invite anyone to use this thread to "check in" and let us know how you are doing.....good or bad or in the middle :)

As for me, Tony's second angel date is coming up next month.....it's not so much the exact date that bothers me it's the days leading up to it, and the events in those days. 

I am doing good, work is going well, and I am happy for the most part. 

Post and let me know how YOU are doing!  :)

Much love,
Pam aka browneyedgirl
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

tillie35

• View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone...what's new? Checking in
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:30 AM »
Pam I am doing better also.  I think of Mark also his date is March 8th so it is coming up also.  I think of all the suffering he went through.  I have been making hats and taking them to the Hope Lodge where he stayed.  It has helped me heal and feel like I am doing something for him in his memory.  I am better than I have been in a long time.  Keep posting.  This is a good site and I love it.

Love
Mary

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »
(((Mary))))

Thank you for posting.  I am so glad to read that you are doing well.  And I know that Mark is proud of you for the work you are doing with the Hope Lodge. 

I have been thinking that I would like to do something in Tony's memory, but I haven't quite put my finger on what it should be.

Much love.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
Checking in again on everyone......hoping all is well.

Post about anything if you like.....

Lots of love,
Pam

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
Hi Pam.  Thanks for reaching out.  After about 26 months, I'm feeling better and have 're-entered society'.  This board really provided a strong support system for me - as did many individuals; including, of course, you.  I still come here often and I'll try to be better about posting.  Hope everyone finds some peace . . . I've learned that we're entitled to it!

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
(((Scott)))

Thank you for sharing, I am glad that you're doing well, and thank you for the kind words........

Pam

And yes, we are entitled to it! :)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:19 PM »

Thinking about you, Pam with Tony's 2 year date fast approaching. They weigh us down like nothing else can. Just know I'm here for you.

Love you,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
Hi Scott!

So glad to hear you've taken that leap. It's never easy but you earned it!  And, so true that we are entitled to find some peace, even amidst all of the pain.

Always good to read one of your posts! Keep us updated on how things are going for you! :)

My Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
Thanks Terry.....yes the date is "looming".  As I have mentioned, it's not really the date, it's the days leading up to the "date".  I have found some peace, and feel my heart healing, but my mother has not.....sometimes I just don't know what to do. 

((Terry))

Anyone else is welcome to post anything on this thread if they so chose! 

Love to all!!!

Pam

missingmyarm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
Hi Pam,

Tomorrow is Rich's birthday and I'm so sad.  My mother is coming over tomorrow and we will be together.  I can't believe I won't be talking to him on his birthday.

I don't know if anyone can relate to this, but I feel like such a LOSER sometimes.  I know it's not rational, that it just happens to people - but I feel like it just figures it would happen to my family.  As if I'm cursed or something.  I know it sounds like self-pity, but it's not really that.  It's more like self-loathing.  It's not all the time, I try to be grateful for the good things in my life.  But sometimes this feeling creeps up on me and I feel very very dark.

The only way I know to get through tomorrow is to try to help my mother.  It's the only way I feel any better.

take care everyone,

Missy

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »
Hi Missy ~

Thanks for posting......I know what you mean about trying to help your mom.  I have tried and tried with my mom....and will continue to. 

I am wishing Rich a happy heavenly birthday......I hope you enjoy the time with your mom.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
Once again, I am checking in :)

Please feel free to post anything you're feeling on this thread.

Spring is over, and summer is here in Arizona!  It's getting really hot!  I have fond memories of my brother in the summer times, either at the lake or in the mountains.  I miss him dearly, as I continue to struggle with accepting his death and other aspects of my life. 

Sending love and light to all here.

Love,
Pam

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
Hi Pammy!!

With the humidity down here, Arizona sure sounds good about now!! ;) But, I guess HOT is HOT everywhere and summer is NOT my favorite time of the year. I hibernate, indoors. Down here, everything has to be done early in the morning and after 7PM or it just doesn't get done!

I'm glad your memories of Mark are happy ones although I know you wish he were still here with you. We all do.

Thanks for 'checking in'...nice to hear from you!!

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:34 AM »
Hi Everyone ~ I wanted up bump up this thread......How is everyone? 

Please "check in" if you like, and let us know how you are doing. 

There have been some serious fires here in Arizona.  One fire destroyed an area that my brother loved to fish in.  :(  His birthday is also next month.  His 3rd in Heaven.  I miss him alot. 

Sending love and light to all.

Pam

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
Hi Pam-aka Browneyedgirl....

Haven't been here in awhile. Things are bad. Only a few weeks until the first anniversary of my older sister Lesley's death  - which happened last year on July 14th. To make matters worse: nobody cares. My husband will be away on a trip and I'll be home alone. I am estranged from my mother and my older brother and younger sister don't want to talk about 'it'.  Nodody I know in my town who knows about Lesley's death last year wants to hear about me grieving any more. It's too late for all that because I should have 'moved on' (get on the the program etc) by now. But I have not. I have been too ill to send any more poems here. Tired. I am sorry about that because I do have more I could send. And I am sorry I have not been any use or support to all of you who are suffering so much too. I'll try to be better soon.

Love to you all,

Helene

Helene & Lesley