Author Topic: For Christina, the 9 year old girl killed in Tucson  (Read 5302 times)

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
For Christina, the 9 year old girl killed in Tucson
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Dear Terry,
I wonder if there is some way of sending a message to the family of Christina from all of us here to assure them they are not alone. I just can't stop thinking of them. I have kept Dans candle lit ever since I heard what happened, except when we're asleep.
Tell me if you think it's a good idea, I just wondered.
Lots of love,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: For Christina, the 9 year old girl killed in Tucson
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:52:12 AM »
I agree.  WE need to let them know we are here.  We are all in shock when we hear of the loss of our own child, but here was a child, with family, just observing.  It is inconceivable to me what must have gone through this child's mind.  Maybe through a chapter of Compassionate friends in Tucson, we can get our message to them.  Those of us who have lost children are so much more keenly aware of the others feelings and then others may be thankful it was not theirs.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:51:23 AM »
I live in Tucson, this was an awful day for a lot of pepole, I could not stopt crying for all involved. 

If anyone wants me to, I can see if I can get some information on how to contact her family.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
I think it is a nice idea to be able to contact the family to let them know about our healing place.

When I heard the father speak this morning about his daughter not there to wake him I was in tears. It is hard when a small child dies and is cheated out of living a long life.

Too many children are dieing, to much heartache for those left behind.

One mom said she stepped in front of her children to save them, I wish  I could have been there for Chad to do the same.

Love to all
Deb

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
Oh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Everyone!

It makes me feel so good to know that there are friends here that want Christinas family to know they are not alone, I sit here in tears of gratitude.

Please browneyed girl ( I love you sweetie) if you could get an address that would be so nice, thank you. I am so sorry for the turmoil your town is in and I am keeping Dans candle lit whenever safety allows.

Thank you (((((Rebecca)))))

Blessings on you (((((Deb)))))
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »
I am looking to see if I can find some contact information. 

In the meantime, all I can think of is when they run her obituary in the Arizona Daily Star, it has an option to sign the Guest Book online.  That could be a starting place, if you would like to send your thoughts to her family. 

Here is a link to the page, but they have not posted one for her yet.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tucson/

Please keep all involved in your thoughts, this was truly shocking and very, very sad. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
The Guest Book for the shooting victims has been active and Christina's just became available for comments about an hour ago.

Since I watch very little TV, I knew nothing about this until I read your post, Annie. It was very touching reading about those who risked their lives to save another. There can be no greater love.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/guestbook.aspx?n=christina-green&pid=147730554

Basically, this is the same address Pam posted for you, except this is directly linked in Christina's honor. Pam, this must have hit hard, being so close to home. (((((Pam))))) Such a senseless tragedy, but then all of these shootings/murders always are.

The families and loved ones of the victims remain in my prayers as all here do, for the strength to endure.

Love to all!

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »
Thanks for posting the link, Terry.  Yes, this is awful, very scary and very, very sad.  It happened on the side of town I grew up on, and I have frequented that shopping center. 

There are memorials several places around the city.  I drove by one on my lunch hour and I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
Christina's organs were donated, here is an article about it,  if anyone is interested.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/01/16/organs_of_young_shooting_victim_may_have_aided_boston_girl/