Author Topic: First Grandchild  (Read 4294 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
First Grandchild
« on: December 26, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
Our daughter gave birth to a beautiful 7.5 baby girl, Lylah Rose, last Sunday.  There are no words to describe how we feel about the baby.  The sadness we feel that Uncle Jason will never see her, kiss her, love her, is unbelievable.  No, those of you who are grandparents understand.  I started to talk about her Uncle Jason and will until the day I die.  So many emotions.!
Rebecca Jason's Mom

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: First Grandchild
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
Congratulations, Rebecca, on your brand new grandbaby.....and I love the name your daughter chose, Lylah Rose.   She will grow to know Jason as you share the wonderful memories, funny stories, and tender moments of your time together.  I hope the joy of her birth carries you into the New Year and beyond, filling your life with the beauty you deserve.

Wendy, Keith's mom

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
Our daughter gave birth to a beautiful 7.5 baby girl, Lylah Rose, last Sunday.  There are no words to describe how we feel about the baby.  The sadness we feel that Uncle Jason will never see her, kiss her, love her, is unbelievable.  No, those of you who are grandparents understand.  I started to talk about her Uncle Jason and will until the day I die.  So many emotions.!
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Congratulations!

Lylah Rose is such a beautiful name.  It is a shame she will never know her uncle, but you will be there to let her know about him . . . and to enjoy this new blessing in your life.  Many best wishes to you and yours as you start on this new adventure!
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Rebecca I am so happy for you on the birth of your grand daughter.  I hope it is only a start of a good year for you.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
Congratulations, Rebecca!

I'm so happy for you and your family! Precious Lylah Rose is a blessed gift and has a wonderful beginning. I found that there is also a responsibility to our Grand babies as the extended family is no longer a luxury, rather a necessity. Grandmoms help to build that strong foundation much needed for survival, especially in the times we're living in.

Lylah Rose is blessed to have you for a Grandmom! She'll know Jason through you as this is the only way we keep them alive. Although I know you're happy, I also understand your sadness. My Granddaughter cries for her Daddy and asks me why this had to happen, why life is so unfair. I tell her that we will all be together one day and until then, we have to live the life we were blessed with and TRY to be grateful for what we have. (it's not always easy)

Please post a pic when you can. I'd love to see this beautiful child!

A new chapter, Rebecca and Jason will always be right there with you!

(((((((((((((Rebecca))))))))))))

My Love,
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
((Rebecca))
Mazel Tov on the birth of your grandbaby. I hope that Lylah Rose helps you find love, hope, joy and some peace in your life. We will always have the ache in our hearts for our angels and all occasions we will find bittersweet. Hoping that the sweetness of your lil grandbaby will help.
Love,
Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
Grandchildren bring hope, and lots of unconditional love. Congrats Rebecca.
Thinking maybe Jason picked her out. Precious innocent babies ahhhh :)  Hugs... Brenda

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
REBECCA,
  you're doing the right thing by talking about JASON to your grandbaby. my grand-daughter( KARLIE) WILL be 3 yrs. old FEB.28TH. & I'VE always had a picture of my(mil) & CANDI  in the same spot since they died. CANDI DIED MAY 13,2005 & MY (MIL) DIED OCT.11,2005.
KARLIE was born feb.28,2008. her babybed was right by the picture. i always told her that's "granny & CANDI."  to this day she knows exactly who both of them are. she also knows who JOSH(CANDI'S SON) is. even though we don't see him all the time. his picture is beside candi's also. when she see's him KARLIE say's " THERE'S JOSH."
KARLIE'S little brother KARSON-16 MO.  doesn't say to many thing's right now but he'll know who they are also. if people think we're crazy. i really don't care.
congrats on the grand-baby.

martha

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
So happy to hear your a grandma and know she will be loved a lot. Lavonne