Author Topic: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye  (Read 19643 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
A book that is helping me right now is titled: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye - Surviving & Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One by Brook Noel & Pamela Blair

My sister died very suddenly and unexpectedly and this book acknoledges that sudden death is particularly difficult to deal or grieve (although, of course, ALL loss is terrible and hard!) because we never had any kind of chance to say goodbye to our loved ones that died. Both the authors write about their own experiences of losing a loved one suddenly and I immediately started crying when I read their accounts because it struck such a powerful chord in me.

This book is a HUGE resource. It has chapters on losing a child, a spouse/partner, sibling and more, as well as one on myths and misunderstandings about the grieving process, another chapter on anniversaries, another on self help and therapy, another on the grief recovery process and excerises to help and much more.

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

AC Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
Great recommendation Helene.  I read this book among all the books I read after AC died, and it was one of the best!

Love and Hugs
Peggy

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
Hi Peggy,

Thank you for your agreement that this is an excellent book. You called yourself a Mom by saying  ACMOM....so I know you are a mother who lost a child. I am so so sorry for your loss. I never had children and my loss was a sibling, my sister Lesley who died at age 55 (I'm age 47) in July of this year. I've been posting on the sibling loss section of this forum.

However, I am reading a lot of memoirs, and books about grief - EVERY kind of grief and loss that there is in our human lives.

My heart goes out to you and your family. May you find some peace and rest during the holiday season. And thank you so much, for responding to my post.

Most heartfully and sincerely,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
I just ordered this book. It should be here today along with two specifically about grieving the loss of a sibling.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
Doug, what are the two books specifically dealing with the loss of a sibling that you ordered?  I am asking because I have hardly found anything on that.

Thanks,
Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:26 AM »
I think you've already read what I have, Gail. I looked through the threads here.

This book has a section on it. You already read the other one.

Veronica1992

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 07:23:41 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation. I started reading this book yesterday.