Author Topic: Mark and my Cat  (Read 1572 times)

tillie35

• View Profile
Mark and my Cat
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:51:53 AM »
Friday I had to put my 4 1/2 year old cat to death because he was very sick and that brings back so many memories of when Mark was suffering with his cancer.  I had horrible dreams last night and each dream was telling me I am not in control.  Control is what I want but cannot have and will never have.  I hope that by writing about this I will not feel so anxious,  Thank you for listening Love you all.  

Love Mary

missingmyarm

• View Profile
Re: Mark and my Cat
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »
Hi Mary -

I know how you feel...I had to put my dog that I had for 14 years to sleep 2 months ago.  On top of losing my brother, I had to lose my best canine friend.  It's a horrible feeling, I also have 2 close friends who are very sick with cancer and am afraid of losing them too.  I just have to have faith and be grateful for my little boy and the rest of my family.

I hope you are finding some comfort here.

Love,
Missy

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
Thank you Missy I will keep you and your friends in my prayers.  I am feeling a little better tonight.  I understand your loss sometimes life feels like it cant dump anymore on us.  But some how we make it through it

Love Mary

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
Hi Mary & Missy,

Mary, My husband and I have two older cats and one was very ill a few months ago and we managed to pull him through it. But I worry about him because it's the second time he's been very ill and he's 11 years old. I am so sorry that you had to put your beloved cat down, and he became ill at such a young age and that it brought back so much pain about the loss of your dear brother Mark. MIssy, I'm so sorry that you had to put your dog down so recently and that you are worried about your friends who have cancer. Both of you are going through so much right now in the midst of your grieving the loss of your brothers and my heart goes out to you.

I am worried about my half brother these days who has told me that he's gone on another40 day fast. The last time he did that...a few years ago, he tried to commit suicide and nearly succeeded. We are, unfortunately, not close (because we're from a very broken family) but I worry about him these days.

My heart is with you both during this most difficult time.

Love,
Helene.

Helene & Lesley