Author Topic: Wonderful and numb  (Read 2280 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Wonderful and numb
« on: December 14, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
My bro-in-law sent 3 more books of Jolene's.  These I knew about but thought they were long gone.  One was a Bible she carried with her alot so it is special to have.  Another is like a school year book but it is from her boot camp when she went into the Navy.  It has pictures of the different buildings on the camus where her boot camp was.  She told me many times of the things that she did while in boot camp.  But what a shock I got when I opened the book.  She had written notes by the pictures telling what she did in each of the buildings.  It was like getting to hear her tell all those stories again as I read her notes   Reading all those notes and seeing all the places where all those things she had told me about took place gave me a wonderful feeling but at the same time made me numb.  I don't know if anyone can understand that or not.  In fact, I am still a bit numb.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful and numb
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
(((Gail)))

How special!!!  I hope you find comfort in this....what a beautiful thing to have. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful and numb
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
Hi Gail,

How wonderful that you have that precious book of your sister Jolene's experiences  - complete with her own notes - about Navy boot camp. I can understand how you must feel in wonder at it and numb at the same time. I can relate. I inherited some of my sister Lesley's diaries and I still have not read them all. It continues to be a deeply moving and also disturbing experience for me and some times I am left numb too. I can really understand and empathize with you. In the end, no matter what we go through, I think it is truly a miracle to have these treasures that once belonged to our sisters Jolene and Lesley and were a part of their lives.

Love and Hugs,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley