Author Topic: Loss of Brother Mark  (Read 1439 times)

tillie35

• View Profile
Loss of Brother Mark
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:51:30 AM »
Yesterday I took stocking caps to Hope Lodge where Mark stayed part of the time for his treatment.  I made them.  I was scared to go in there because I could see him sitting there waiting for me.  But I wanted to do something for him having a free place to stay while at Mayo Clinic.  I will continue to make more hats in memory of him.  I am glad I did it but there were a lot of mixed feeling.  Yet it felt right.  Thank you for listening and being there.

Mary

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of Brother Mark
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
((((Mary))))

Good for you for doing that, I am glad that it was a postive experince for you.

Thinking of you.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of Brother Mark
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 09:13:31 AM »
Hi Mary,

I admire you so much for what you did! First for being able to make those stocking caps, because I have no ability at any kind of craft work at all. And that must have been very difficult for you to visit the place where your dear brother Mark stayed part of the time for his treatment. You are an inspiration to me for what you did and I thank you for it. I play the violin, and there's an old age home one block from where I live. I've been thinking about going in there an playing carols to people over my Christmas break.  I can play most carols by memory. What you have done makes me think that I really should do that.

Blessings and thanks to you,

Helene.

PS I might even go to one of the hospitals where Lesley was admitted to with her seizures many times, if I can get up the courage like you did.

Helene & Lesley