Author Topic: Update/Wedding  (Read 4892 times)

Joanie -----> Adam's Mom

• View Profile
Update/Wedding
« on: December 22, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks again for all of your kind wishes for our wedding!  Well, it went off nicely.  I had a "talk" with Adam that morning as I sat out on the patio before we left for the beach (we had the ceremony there.)  I told him that I knew he was doing fine in his world (heaven), but that I really missed him and was finally doing what I knew was the best thing for me, meaning finally tying the knot with Wally.  It was almost like I felt I had to explain to him that I had to try to move on and find some happiness.  I guess it was a type of letting go of just a smidgeon of the grief and making room for at least a tidbit of happiness.  So, I made my peace with him about it and we did have a very nice and meaningful ceremony on the beach.  When we got to the part about "sickness and health, for better or worse, in good times and in bad..." I did feel the tears start to build up in my eyes and I got a little choked up and had to pause to collect myself.  What a strange emotional state I was in at that point.  I was having flashbacks of all the awful times that Wally helped me through during Adam's illness and then those horrible last days he was with us!  But, it was good because I was thinking about how our relationship already has weathered what I think is the worst we can go through together and we have survived!  This made me happy and I just knew that saying those vows was almost like an afterthought and that we were already living them out.  I guess that's one of the only "positives" about what happened to Adam; it made our love stronger eventhough we have such emptiness and feelings of loss over Adam. 
We then took pics with our friends on the beach and my friend's son wrote "Just Married" in the sand and I put two hearts under it...then after I drew the two hearts Wally went up to them and drew a little heart right in between the two big ones.  He said, "That heart is Adam."  I just about cried, but didn't. 

After the beach I told Wally that I wanted to visit Adam, so we went to his grave and it felt right for me to leave my wedding bouquet there, so I placed it in the vase where there were already some other flowers.  We also took a couple of pictures.  To those who have not gone through this it may seem weird or even morbid to do this, but really, it felt so right and what else was there to do?  How else could I have included him in our wedding day? 
Below are a few pictures of our wedding.  I hope it does not bother anyone that I am sharing one picture of me at Adam's grave.  That is such a meaningful picture for me.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:01:05 PM by Joanie -----> Adam's Mom »

Adam:  6/21/94 - 12/2/05
  ~~~Forever 11 years young in heaven~~~
                 I miss you, Pal

starynyte

Re: Update/Wedding
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »
Dear Joanie,

I am SO glad you shared the photos with us, having a photo to the beautiful person I'm getting to know is nice. I am also soooo very glad the day went so great for you, and that you were able to feel some peace and happiness. You are such a beautiful couple! May you live a long happy life together! You are SO lucky to have such a man in your life!

Love & Peace,
Cherri

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 03:12:51 PM »
Joanie,

How beautiful and wonderful you look with your Wally.  I know Adam was looking down on you with love and happiness that you are happy. 

We all deserve a piece of happiness in spite of the unbearable pain of losing our children.  I am so happy that you have found that with Wally.

LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »
Joanie,

Congratulations to you and Wally.  May you have a long and happy life together.  Your pictures are beautiful.

Jeanne

Louise

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »
Joanie,You look beautiful.Your dress is so pretty.I'm happy for you.If we can find even a little happiness we need to grab it as fast as we can.Adam gravesite is beautiful and I think it is perfect for you to leave your bouquet there for Adam.Thankyou for sharing the beautiful pictures  :)Love.Louise[keren's mom]

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »
Joannie,

What beautiful pictures.  Thank you so much for sharing them.  Congratulations!

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 08:13:15 PM »
You look wonderful together. I love it that you left your bouquet for Adam.
Love
Brenda

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 08:49:06 PM »
Thanks so much for the beautiful photos and for letting us know the person we are writing to. Hope Adam smiles down on you and sends you a sign. hugs  LaVonne

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »
((Joanie)) -Thank you SO much for sharing your beautiful wedding pictures with us! I think that leaving your bouquet with Adam was perfect and I know he was watching over you both and I am sure you felt his smile & love in the warmth of the sunshine.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

leslie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »
Congratulations! The pictures are wonderful, you look beautiful. I am glad you found some peace on your wedding day. You deserve all the happiness you can get....

Much love,

Leslie

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »
JOANIE,
  YOUR POST MADE ME WANT TO BRY. NOT TEARSOF SADNESS BUT FOR HAPPINESS. THE PICTURE'S ARE TERRIFIC. I SO GLAD FOR THE BOTH OF YOU.

MARTHA