Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 1144 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Vacation
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
We are back from a week in Aruba. I spent a lot of time, watching young or medium age Dad's with their young children.  It hurt my heart. I am wondering does anyone know of a website or has anyone had the latest pic of their child aged to see what he would have looked like.  Just wondering.   It is so hard to be so happy (our granchild to be born in about 5-6 weeks and then thinking that Jason will not physically be a part of the whole process, at least in the live physical form.  Life is very hard.  Laffing and then stopping myself to realize how can I laff and hurt all at the same time.  Anyone have any answers to that questions.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »
We are back from a week in Aruba. I spent a lot of time, watching young or medium age Dad's with their young children.  It hurt my heart. I am wondering does anyone know of a website or has anyone had the latest pic of their child aged to see what he would have looked like.  Just wondering.   It is so hard to be so happy (our granchild to be born in about 5-6 weeks and then thinking that Jason will not physically be a part of the whole process, at least in the live physical form.  Life is very hard.  Laffing and then stopping myself to realize how can I laff and hurt all at the same time.  Anyone have any answers to that questions.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Hi, Rebecca.   Sorry to hear about your loss of Jason.

I lost my son about a year and 3 months ago.  I don't know where you might be able to “age a picture” though you could try googling phrases like “age a picture” or “aging a picture,” etc., and see what you get.

I’ve definitely experienced what you are talking about – feeling happy and excited about something, or laughing at something, then stopping short.

It feels confusing and impossible when it happens.  It makes me feel very segmented and strange, to have part of myself hurting so badly while I am also genuinely experiencing joy or laughter at the same time.

I don’t know what to do except accept this state of affairs, and try to keep going, day by day.

All my best to you!
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Vacation
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »
Hi and Welcome back, Rebecca!

It's such a bittersweet time for you right now, with your new Grand Baby coming soon and missing Jason so. I know about laughing and hurting at the same time. I have THAT one down to a fine art!

I don't know of a website but I'm sure there is one, as there is for everything else. I would just Google it or maybe someone here knows of one or has done it and can help you out.

I have no answers but sending you a big hug!

((((((((((((((Rebecca)))))))))))

My love,