Author Topic: The tale of Annies dog bite  (Read 5491 times)

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
The tale of Annies dog bite
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:56:20 AM »
Most of the time when i tell people we have a pit bull for a pet, I get a negative reaction "aren't you scared of him", etc, etc.  On Saturday morning I went for a bike ride, it's a good way to connect with Dan (he was an avid bicyclist) and as I was riding down the road some sort of shepard mix came running out of nowhere and attacked me. I have a serious bite on my left hand, and the dog even bit my face. A car came along and scared the dog away and I got help. "I have often depended on the kindness of strangers"  ;)

So after spending 11 1/2 hours in the ER I got all my puppy shots and they sent me home with an antibiotic called Cleocyn which hasn't made any positive difference yet. My chest is all tight, my joints all hurt and I'm having trouble breathing. OH JOY! Bless Brian, he brought me a bowl of icecream and because of the bite on my face, I can't open my mouth wide enough to fit the spoon in. When it melts, I'll drink it.

I just wanted for all of you, and especially the new parents here to know I love you completely and I cry for us all every day. You here are my lighthouse and I would not be here without you.

Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
Re: The tale of Annies dog bite
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
Annie I wish you a speedy recovery.  So sad this had to happen when you were out riding and connecting with Dan.  I hope that someday those of us on here will get a break................

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
((((Annie))))

Wishing you a quick recovery. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
Most of the time when i tell people we have a pit bull for a pet, I get a negative reaction "aren't you scared of him", etc, etc.  On Saturday morning I went for a bike ride, it's a good way to connect with Dan (he was an avid bicyclist) and as I was riding down the road some sort of shepard mix came running out of nowhere and attacked me. I have a serious bite on my left hand, and the dog even bit my face. A car came along and scared the dog away and I got help. "I have often depended on the kindness of strangers"  ;)

So after spending 11 1/2 hours in the ER I got all my puppy shots and they sent me home with an antibiotic called Cleocyn which hasn't made any positive difference yet. My chest is all tight, my joints all hurt and I'm having trouble breathing. OH JOY! Bless Brian, he brought me a bowl of icecream and because of the bite on my face, I can't open my mouth wide enough to fit the spoon in. When it melts, I'll drink it.

I just wanted for all of you, and especially the new parents here to know I love you completely and I cry for us all every day. You here are my lighthouse and I would not be here without you.

Annie (Dans mom)

Annie, thanks for posting these kind and supportive words, despite your injuiries.  Get well soon!
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
Annie,

I'm so glad you are alright. Oh my, just thinking about it is very scary!! Please take very good care of yourself, take your meds and carry some pepper spray next time. It could save your life! I'm so thankful for the car that spooked the dog.

We love you, too Annie!
Terry

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
Annie: so sorry for your incident.  Seems it just keeps piling on.  We were on vacation for a week so I have not been on here.  I hope u heal quickly and take that bastards to Court over their dog.  I would bet you if you do some research, this is not the first time.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »
Annie, I sure hope your feeling better & getting that taken care of .Love you wishing you a speedy recovery & less pain . hugs my friend Sandy SHANES MOM

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
Thank you everyone for your well wishes,it means alot to me.
I'm doing alot better now, the wound is healing quickly and I have almost full use of my hand again. I don't know if the dog was ever found. I'm afraid to ride my bike now, it's getting kind of cold for that sort of thing anyway.

I love you all and I'm so glad you are here, even if the reason we met is so awful.

Be kind to yourselves,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
(((( Annie)))))) I'm glad it's healing some since we talked on the phone sweety, you keep taking care of yourself, and let Brian bring you all the ice cream you want <3  Love love love ya... BREN   

SAYING  TAYLOR TAYLOR TAYLOR LOL
SAYING DAN DAN DAN DAN LOL  ............................ I KNOW THEY HEAR ME ANNIE :))

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 08:46:36 PM »
Oh, Annie! I just heard about this! I haven't been on webhealing in ages. I stay away out of denial, trying to feel no pain. Doesn't really work.

I hope you're feeling better from the dog bite.

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3