• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
Dishes
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:37:48 AM »
Whe it came to dishes, or any kind of cleaning for that matter,
It was better not to ask Lesley,
But rather just fine out,
If the mood was going to strike her, or not.
When it did strike her, she became a whirlwind,
Of frenetic, intense, cleaning activity,
A veritable tornado of power,
Sweeping through those dirty dishes,
And other detritus from yet another family gathering.
Nobody could stop her, or try to get in her way,
It was hers and hers alone,
And, by the time the storm had passed,
And the dust had settled,
The kitchen absolutely gleamed.
Other times she was, what the family described:
'Out-of-it', practically comatose on the couch.
That vacant expression once again, waiting, I suppose,
Until it was all over, so someone could  drive her home,
And she could be alone with her cat.
There was one time, Lesley and I together in the kitchen,
Chaos everywhere from another family dinner,
That I said, looking intensely at her:
"Hey! Could I get a little help here please?"
It was the only time in our entire relationship,
She told me to "Fuck off!"

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Dishes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:46:51 AM »
(I guess she told YOU!)

I'm getting to know Lesley through these poems. The multifaceted, unpredictable, and even charming free spirit that she graced all who loved her, with. I understand the peace she yearned for and maybe even found at times while searching for her place in this world while being suspended between the others everyone else lived in. I know you miss her terribly.

Thanks again, Helene. Your poetry is very revealing! Looking forward to hearing more about Lesley!

((((((((Helene & Lesley)))))))

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »
Terry,
Thank you so much for your compassionate and insightful understanding of my sister Lesley and for reading my poems so closely. For you to offer such loving insights when you are in the midst of your own grief is deeply moving to me and I cannot thank you enough for your kindness.

The love I am receiving and sharing here on Webhealing is truly amazing. I am shaken to the core by all your true caring and the way we are all there for each other in our pain. Grief just doesn't quickly go away. It goes on and on an on and each of us, in our own ways, tries our best to hang in there. Thank you Terry for helping me to do just that.

(((((((((Terry)))))))))

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
((((helene))))

We are a big family here......

Thank you for sharing.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »
What a nice thing to say, Helene. Thank You! I truly enjoy reading about Lesley!

Were it not for all here when I first came to Webhealing, (well...it was a rough time and I still struggle, especially around dates), it would have been more of a challenge to face my demons. But, I'm grateful to have found joy and happiness again, although it will never be the same as it was before my children died. But, like you said we do the best we can and that's really all we can continue to do.

It's so healthy to write our feelings down, I've found. I always journal and have learned a great deal about who "I" am and hope I continue to. I like the fact that you dare to leap from your comfort zone, which is extremely difficult to do when grieving and courageously bring, not only Lesley forward but also yourself.

Not everyone is open when sharing as it is very difficult for some to share of their pain. We all grieve so differently and may I add, heal also!

So, thanks for your openness as I too enjoy the to and fro's with all here. I learn something everyday and I care so much for everyone. The only way we get through this is together!

My love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:41:30 AM »
Thank you Terry. It's always been a lifesaver for me to try and express myself in words. I'm glad you journal. I've also done that for years and find it's been a big help throughout many years of my life. I also realize that people grieve in many different ways and I feel that Webhealing is there for all people and I know it must be helping many as it helps me. All of your caring and love is what counts and our sharing too.
Love, Helene.

Helene & Lesley