Author Topic: The Pied Piper Returns  (Read 3535 times)

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
The Pied Piper Returns
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »
The pied piper came along one day and stole my lovely sister away,
Playing a sweet tune on his wooden flute, the beautiful music took her on a new route,
To a faraway land, the land of Nod, where none on this earth have ever trod.
Up into the night sky in a tiny blue boat, through milky-way stars she did float.
Until reaching a magical mystery door, to a land that is rich in mystical lore.
It is opened wide and freely at last, the boat now can lower its mast.
As she steps out and looks in awe, at the most stunning view she ever saw:
A land so lush and green, such a sight to be seen,
A new realm of peacefulness, love and light, the sky so blue and the sun so bright,
She feels peace for the first time in her life, this afterlife so far away from all the strife.
A doe comes to meet her so quiet and mild, and my sister once more turns into a child.
In wonder and innocence they make their way together, wandering through moist grass and heather.
She stoops breifly to pick a pink flower, then rests awhile under her willow bower.
When she awakes there are others to greet her, while she looks and strokes the doe's soft fur.
"Have no fear.", they say, "We come in love.", and up there cooed a gentle dove.
"No more suffering or pain.", they say, "For from this time on brings a new day."
She stands up smiling, knowing it's true, follwoing these angels, no more will she rue.
Alone no longer, she holds their gentle hands, and ventures forth into sweet new lands.
A fresh warm breeze wafts past her cheek, such a young innocent child, happy and meek.
Ready to go whereever they lead her, to a place where frankincense, incense and myrrh,
Mingle with rose blossoms, fresh with dew, she's all right now I know in this place that's new.

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

tillie35

• View Profile
Re: The Pied Piper Returns
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
WOW That is the very best I cannot even to think of words to tell how this touched me

Mary

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
Hi Mary,

I'm so glad that my poem moved you. I really do feel that my sister is now in a much better place and is at peace. My challenge is to deal with my own ongoing grief still being back here on earth! But to imagine Lesley being in such a beautiful place helps to bring me some peace as well, as I hope it does for you. Thank you for sharing your comment with me and indeed with us all her at Webhealing.
Love,
Helene.

Helene & Lesley

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
Absolutely beautiful . . . I want to believe in your words . . . and I'm going to try.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »
Beautiful!!! 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
Helene,

I, too believe that they are in a beautiful place and also in peace. It's so therapeutic for you to be able to focus on that belief and that in itself is healing!

Looking forward to more "Lesley!"

My love,
Terry

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 03:03:07 PM »
Terry and everyone,

Thank you  so much for your heartfelt responses to this poem. Sharing with you all means the world to me and is helping so much! I sometimes worry that some of my poems are too painful to share - that they will cause too painful memories to happen in other people who have lost their loved ones. I realize that some of my poems are very raw. But I am now slowly moving to a point where I am remembering Lesley in a more gentle way yet still very real. The heartache will always be there I think, but it changes, incramentally (spelling?) day by day I think. It is still very early days for me and I am hurting so terribly badly, but I know I am not alone and I would never, never, want to post anything here that hurts people too much just because I'm 'venting' my own pain. Please tell me if I am doing that because I certaintly don't want to!! I love everyone here. You have and are saving my life. I thank God for everyone here on Webhealing and I mean it!

Love you all,

Helene.

Helene & Lesley

deebee

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »
A lovely poem, really nice.  I want to believe the same thing about my brother David.  That there is a better life, after death, and our loved ones are in a better place.  I really hope they are, and that they watch us, and know how much we miss them, incredibly so.  Keep Lesley's poems coming, we love them.  deebee

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »
Thank you Deebee,

I too like to imagine Lesley watching over me because she is able to now that she's in a better place. I have read a lot of books about certain people's near death experiences and every one of them said that it was so beautiful where they were that they didn't want to come back to their bodies and go on living on earth! And I've also read that our departed ones do watch over us. I believe that if they could communicate with us, your David and my Lesley, they'd say: "Hey, don't worry so much. I'm ok. I really am!" I can almost hear Lesley saying that on certain days and then on other days I feel really alone. It's a roller coaster for sure.

Take good care of yourself Deebee.
Love,
Helene.

Helene & Lesley