Author Topic: Just popping in....  (Read 3843 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Just popping in....
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »
....to say Hi!

It's been very quiet on our board and was just wondering how you all are doing!

I've been busy and at my office everyday as there is lots to do in our little town with the Holiday's coming up. I've opted to not be as big a part of the whole hoopla thing this year as I'm feeling tired and just not up to it. Especially with Dad needing so much more care, even with help from the nurses.

Hope you all are well!

Love,
Terry

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Just popping in....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »
Terry: Hi back at you. I thought it was quiet also. Me,I am just taking things easy and trying to survive another day. I have more going on in my life than I want to discuss but it is getting really hard.  Hope all is well with everyone. thinking of you and your dad. hugs  LaVonne

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »
Hi LaVonne,

My phone beeped (I saw and read your reply) and I got right back on my laptop to reply to your message. (work can wait, you here are most important, always) The Holiday's are HERE! We are all trying to survive another day. There is nothing you can't share here and I hope you know that's true. Whatever is going on, with any of us then it is compounding our grief due to the season.

Please share with us what is going on with you. You've had so much to deal with this past year with more losses. I know you miss your SIL very much for I know how hard her death was on you.

I'm making preparations to have my "Cave" refurnished. New candles and lots more pillows!! :) Seriously, although it exists only in my mind, I still go there and has been another lifeline for me.

If you're comfortable sharing, I'm listening!

Thanks for thinking of my Daddy! Bless you!

You have my love,
Terry

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »
Hi Terry and LaVonne,

I am sorry your life is getting so hard Lavonne, as Terry said we are here to listen if it would help.

Terry the holidays are not far away. Going simple this year with my family. Too hectic at times and its all over fast no matter how much time you prepare for it. Missing and remembering each and every day, I am grateful I spend what time I do with my boys.

I have surgery next week on my right foot, left foot is doing well. I will be glad to have this over and hopefully be able to take walks again as long as it is not snowing lol. Oh yuck, the thought of winter.

Thinking of you both
Love Deb

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:25:33 PM »
thanks Deb. I hope your surgery goes well. What are you having done? what ever kind, it is never fun.  Will be thinking of you and let us know how it goes.  thinking of your boys. LaVonne

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »
Thanks LaVonne, it is tarpal tunnel surgery, not bad at all just in cast for 4 weeks which I dislike. They are talking back surgery also but I keep trying everything to avoid that. I have a hernianted disc that doesn't seem to improve. The good thing is nothing serious just pain.

Are you going around Madison anytime that you know of? I still want to meet you.

Thinking of you and Jason
Love Deb

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 12:59:53 PM »
Hi Terry :)

It's getting cold here and I built a fire in the woodstove this morning. Netflix has been somewhat of a haven for me since I'm having a hard time leaving the house, October is just a hard month. My mind keeps going back to when I looked forward to it but those days are gone.
Tanis is trying really hard to just be happy but she's struggling with the distance she feels from her mom. I wish Chandra knew how lucky she is to HAVE a 14 year old daughter that wants to talk with her, be with her.
I talked with my lil Daniel on the phone this morning and he spelled "D A N I E L" and then said "dats me dramma".
Not bad for 20 months, eh?

I loved the pictures of your dad on FB, what a handsome man he is!

I sure love you Terry,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »
Hi Annie,

Nice to hear from you! I understand, so well about not wanting to leave the house. And, it's OK. Whatever we need to do to keep our sanity in check, I say Go For It! Things are sure different now and that reality becomes more evident the closer we come to the holiday's.

I'm sorry to hear Tanis is struggling. So is my little one. We just have to hold onto the hope that they will come through this with so much more to offer than if they hadn't experienced what they have.

I haven't been on Facebook for a few days but will go and read your comment about Dad and Thanks, Annie. He's so precious to me.

Always thinking of your precious Dan!

I love you, too Annie,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
Hi Deb,

This has sure been the year for surgeries for you, hasn't it? You have to be so sick of those casts by now but when their over with, you'll feel much better. I'll be thinking about you. And, your feet, too!!! :)

Simple is good for the holiday's because you're right, all the prep and the havoc and it's over before we know it. But, it's always shocking, the emotions that surface and how huge it all seems....there doesn't even seem to be a shadow in sight because it can be all consuming some years. And, then others it goes by and we enjoy it without a problem. I think it has a lot to do with what else we have going on in our lives. How happy we are and if we're dealing with more loss which will only compound our issues.

We do the best we can. This year is special because Dad is already getting excited seeing the decorations and the lights and he wants to know what it's all about. This will be, to Dad his first Christmas. I'll make it grand in every way! He's so special and precious to me!

Thanks for the update on letting us know how you're doing. Always love to hear from you!

((((((((((Deb)))))))))

My love,
Terry