Author Topic: missing Shawna  (Read 2741 times)

debwells

• View Profile
missing Shawna
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
Shawna passed away at age 31 from liver cancer. She contracted hep-c during one if 3 heart surgeries as a baby and child. We never knew she had it. After 8 yrs of marriage she became pregnant. She went the hospital twice with pain in her right shoulder. They had to take the baby 7 weeks early because she was having cardiac issues. I had always prayed that I'd never have to see her go through another heart surgery. Little did I know what was coming. She, husband and baby moved in with us a few weeks after the baby was born because she was just not well. Then we found out about hep-c. Then the spot on her liver. 5" by the time they found it. I'm so thankful to have had her at home with us the last year of her life. We became very close. She was a mommy for 13 months. She never complained once. She died at home peacefully in her sleep. We were not expecting it to be so soon. Her birthday was 9-21. Her son's birthday is 10-24. Anniversary of her death is 11-22.  It's been the hardest two years of my life. Only those who have experienced this could understand. This wound to my heart may heal in time but the scar goes to the deepest part of my soul and will always be felt.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: missing Shawna
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »
Hi Debbie,

Thank you for sharing your precious Shawna. I'm so sorry you're having to live without her. Your story brought many tears. Ever since I first read about Shawna on FB, I've held you close to my heart.

Only those who have experienced this could understand. This wound to my heart may heal in time but the scar goes to the deepest part of my soul and will always be felt.

Welcome to Webhealing, Debbie where others do understand your pain. The deep and inescapable pain of child loss. I know you'll find support and love here as so many have over the years. This is a safe place to come to talk about any feelings you are having and there's always someone here to listen and send you lots of hugs.

Her Birthday and Angel date is so close together and I know how difficult this time is for you.

When you are comfortable doing so, I'd love to hear more about Shawna.

Sending hugs and so much love!

((((((((Debbie))))))))

Love,
Terry

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »
Thanks for sharing your Shawna with us.  So many dates in a row. I am crying as I read this. We never want to see our children go thru this.  I am so sorry.  It breaks my heart to see so many new ones on this board. Our children are our lives and we never want to lose them.  Take it one day at a time and take baby steps. We are here for you and will always listen and care.  It will soften with time but we never forget our children.  The hole in the heart gets smaller but never fully heals. Keeping you close to my heart and always in my thoughts  LaVonne

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »
Hi Debbie.  I just wanted to echo what has already been said, welcome you to this site, and let you know that, personally, this site has been a true lifesaver for my heart and soul.  Know that there are many who DO understand.
Scott

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:41:19 AM »
Hello Debbie ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of Shawna.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Welcome to Webhealing, there are many people here who understand what you are going though, and will offer a shoulder to cry on, a kind, supprotive word when you need it.  I am sorry you have to be here with us.

Sending love and light.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven