Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 81180 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 02:05:04 PM »

Hi Rosee,

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your precious Momma. My Momma died when I was also in my early twenties. She was 48.

Try to take care of yourself the best you can right now by eating healthy snacks, resting even if you can't sleep, drinking plenty of water and taking a walk everyday. It helps to get some fresh air in our lungs.

When we have a great loss it is a shock to our bodies as well as our hearts.

Welcome to Webhealing.

Hugs,
Terry

Moana

• I hate waking up each day without my parents.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2016, 04:09:21 PM »
Hello. I'm new to this website and then platform.  Can I get help with How to start a new topic, please?  Thank you so much for responding to my request.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2016, 07:38:32 AM »

Hi Moana,

Welcome to Webhealing. I cannot read your introductory post as the color is too light. Please darken.

Hugs,
Terry

ken78

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
hello im ken 38 and lost my dad

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »

Welcome to Webhealing, Ken.

Hugs,
Terry

MRL7789

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
Hello,

My name is Matt. Thank you for allowing me to join. It is coming up on 4 years since I lost my parents. I had to say goodbye to them at the age of 23 and just 7 weeks apart. I have really had a hard time grieving and trying to just adjust to life without them.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2017, 07:47:55 AM »

Hi Matt,

Welcome to Webhealing.

I'm so sorry for the loss of both of your precious parents. Please share of them when you are able on the Parent Loss Board.

Hugs,
Terry

Dina Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
Hi, my name is Dina I am 37 years old and just lost my dad on the 23rd of January unexpectedly  at the age of 65. I am having a very difficult time as he wasn't just my dad but also my best friend and rock.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »

(((((Dina)))))

I'm so sorry to read of the death of your precious Dad. Sure do understand as my Dad, too was my best friend and rock and I was lost, just so devastated. We all grieve differently as we're so unique so just take it a day at a time and try to take care of yourself the best you can. Eat well, rest/sleep, walk (outside of the house) and drink plenty of water. These were things I could not have gone without doing while grieving. They literally saved my life.

Do you have pets?

Tell me more about your Dad.

Sending you hugs & my love, :love9:
Terry

Dina Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
Hi Terry,
I really appreciate your message. I appreciate your sharing your story with me as well. I am doing the best I can to care for myself. Sleep and eatting however have not exactly been my friend. But I am trying.
I do have 2 pets, 2 dogs.My dad absolutely adored these 2 dogs as well he would watch his grandpups while my husband and I were out of town or if Kobi had a mobile grooming appointment they would come to his house for it if I couldn't be home. I have several photos of my little doxie curled up on grandpa's lap. He spoiled them rotten with treats and when we would pick them up after having been with him it often seemed our dogs wanted to stay with grandpa and be spoiled.
My dad loved all things living, especially animals. He himself had a dog and a cat and took to feeding some stray cats outside. Just the kind of guy he was, couldn't stand to see anything suffer or starve. He had a sense of humor that was just amazing, people say I act a lot like him, to me you couldn't give me a bigger compliment then that. He was an amazing guy who would do anything for anyone, especially me. We would spend hours I mean hours sometimes on the phone at night. And there were was very seldom a day we went without talking. He actually started texting too so that he could text me and check in on me make sure I got home okay on a bad weather night in the event that we couldn't actually talk on the phone. Sorry I feel like I am babbling, however, I could go on and on about him...sigh....

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »

Hi Dina,

Thanks so much for sharing about your Dad and some of the wonderful memories. I feel the love from your words and know just how lucky you are and your Dad was to know such love. And, you're never babbling. In fact, just the opposite because talking about them is how we keep them alive in our hearts and in the hearts of others. There's no greater way to honor them.
Me and my Dad talked on the phone every day, too (before his illness). Sometimes for hours. I can relate to that. For a long time, a very long time after he died when something happened and I was really excited I would look for Dad to tell him. My Dad had Alzheimers and lived with me for 11 years. I cared for him until the end. And even with his disease he was still my rock and I was still his little girl. That will never change.

Would love to see a pic of your dogs. Please post them.  Through all of my losses in life I have to attribute a great deal of my healing to the unconditional love my dogs filled my heart with every day. No complications. No expectations. And, I never had to wear a mask. Just soaked in their pure love.

With just a little over two weeks since your Dad died and the shock not even beginning to wear off yet, I think you're doing an amazing job with sharing about him. These early weeks and months are very difficult. Just know that I'm here for you and am glad you found Webhealing.

Look forward to those pics. :icon_flower:

Hugs,
Terry

Dina Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
Hi,
No photos to share yet. :( I lost my grandfather last Monday, February 13th now. I just don't know what to even do anymore. I come to work. I appear to folks that I am okay, even to my husband I am sure I appear okay, however in the inside, however on the inside I am just so sad. I do my best to tell myself to be strong because I have to however just having an extremely difficult time. I was very close to my grandfather. he had been sick so we expected it i guess, however, doesn't necessarily make it any easier. sigh...

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »

Oh Dina,

I'm so sorry to learn of the recent death of your Grandpop. And, I agree that regardless of whether they are sick or not, we're never, ever prepared to say good-bye to one that we love so much.

You have my heart.

Hugs,
Terry

Chase#71

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
Hello. I lost my mom about 3 weeks ago.  The grief has finally started to settle in.   My mom was in the hospital for 3 months.  Seemed like every time I turned around something was going wrong.  She passed  on Oct 27th 2017.  I am devastated.  My heart breaks for my dad.  It saddens me to think how he must feel.   I would like some ideas how to make it past the holidays and the next few months…

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2017, 04:00:20 PM »
Hi Chase, sorry to hear about your mom and also sorry I didn't respond sooner but the last couple weeks were hectic for me and I didn't get on here that much. It could be rougher on your dad but I don't know all the specifics. I was close with my dad and he died years back and I lost my wife this last March and dealing with her loss was harder then when I dealt with loosing my father. I think it's because I had stopped with mom and dad when I was 19 and was living with Gina, my wife when she died. With my dad he was in the ICU for a few months just before he died and fully understand every time turning around going to the hospital and the touch and go. You are correct in that the holidays will be rough. To be honest all holidays and special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries is roughest the first year. I learned that from the year my dad died. IT will help you are with your dad on these days and don't be afraid to share whats on your heart when you do because you both will find help as well as comfort with each other. It also might help to change the scenery during those holidays a bit or changing how things were done so as not to dwell on the loss too much. Me and my brothers had always taken our families to mom and dad's for Christmas. The first couple of Christmases after dad died us boys each took turns and host the our usual family Christmas gathering and that did seem to help but the first one we were still shedding tears.