Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 81175 times)

Bethb

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
Jan how hard that must be. I hope you can find support somewhere. I would love to be your support if you should need to vent.  My mother goes on about how much she loved my father and it makes me sick. Often times he would fall and she would kick him and tell him to "get up!" He would come to my house telling me he wished he was dead. He finally did die alone cause mom was at home reading a book! Too busy to go sit with him. I apologize for all the anger but it is still ver raw to me 😢-  Beth

Janka

• My beloved Jan-a.d. 11/11/11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
Dear Beth!

You´re on the right place to give vent to your feelings.I pray for your father and I believe he´s in heaven,too.I´d love to be your support as well as you.You can write me whenever you need to talk to.If you find a time,please,just read my post,videos and 25 own poems I´ve been writing from the bottom of my heart for my beloved Jan forever.There´s all of my love,my joy,my grief,my pain,my desires,my dreams,my all and for me it´s the best way how to express myself and my love for my beloved Jan.I´m thankful for your understanding and kind words,hoping to hear from you soon again.

Hugs from Janka

​I always kiss you from the heart,my endless love,
you know how much I love you,also stars above,
you will always be my dearest and only one,
I can not wait to be with you,my beloved Jan.

Janka

KaunisKalma

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
I lost my mom on April 20th. I'm 25 and I basically lived with her all my life.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »
(((((KaunisKalma)))))

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Mom. Welcome to Webhealing and post as often as you like. Tell us about your Mom when you feel up to it.
A great loss takes so much from us so please try and take care of yourself right now. We're always here to listen and send a hug. :love9:

Love and Understanding,
Terry

llwmh50

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
Hey, I am new to this site or any site.  This is the first time I have reached out for my grief.  My dad passed away one year ago May 5th and at first I felt very little.  I had to be strong for mom, brothers and my own children.  Now the tears are falling. The hurt in my gut is unbearable and I just don't understand "why now"? A little history, my parents had two boys and then years later a girl.(me) They had been married for 59 years when dad passed away.  Last night was the worst.  Dad died in my arms and I wish I could have done more to help him.  So maybe its guilt.....  I just need someone to talk to.  Please help.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2015, 06:19:17 PM »

Hey, I am new to this site or any site.  This is the first time I have reached out for my grief.  My dad passed away one year ago May 5th and at first I felt very little.  I had to be strong for mom, brothers and my own children.  Now the tears are falling. The hurt in my gut is unbearable and I just don't understand "why now"? A little history, my parents had two boys and then years later a girl.(me) They had been married for 59 years when dad passed away.  Last night was the worst.  Dad died in my arms and I wish I could have done more to help him.  So maybe its guilt.....  I just need someone to talk to.  Please help.

((((((llwmh50))))))

I'm so sorry for your great loss. My Dad, too died a little over two years ago now. I miss him every day. And always will. Their dates are very difficult and your Dad's Angel Date just passed....bless your heart.

A year isn't that long so try and be patient with yourself - your heart is still bruised. It's so difficult to say good bye and as you shared, you held it together for the others but now it's catching up to you, in a sense. I can certainly understand that.

Tell us about your Dad if you feel up to it. It helps to talk about them or in this case, write. I'm here for you. And, welcome to Webhealing. :love9:

Love,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2015, 08:25:02 AM »
Hi, llwmh50. We're here anytime you want to talk. I lost my brother in '95 when he was 22 and my dad in 2000 when he was 57. Both were sudden accidents.

I was numb for at least ten years after my dad died. It wasn't until I came here that I was able to work through some of my grief. It nearly destroyed my life about 2011...long after they were gone. This board helped me a lot. It's still very new for you. My heart aches for you.

I have one question. Why would you feel guilty? Did you purposely cause your dad's death?

If not, you have nothing to feel guilty about.

I just hate to see people waste energy on an emotion they don't even deserve. We shouldn't feel guilty unless we did something wrong.

We're here anytime. This is a great group of people.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:26:41 AM by Doug1222 »

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 12:26:56 PM »
((((((llwmh50)))))) :love9:

Thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. Please post when you find the time.

Love,
Terry

everythingafteryou

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

Hi everyone - I was so glad to come across this wonderful site! I lost my dad in 1999 when I was in my 20's. It was hard at that age because I wasn't considered a child anymore, but not quite an adult. It was a long healing process, and even so many years later some days are really hard. As a woman, getting married and having a child made me miss my dad more than ever. I will always miss my dad and wish he could be here - but I feel like I'm in a really good place now. I'm hoping at this point that I can help other people -- and young women in particular -- who have lost a parent.
I know that Mother's Day is particularly hard for people who have lost their mom. For me, I feel like I'm missing out each Father's Day. This year in the days leading up to Father's Day I've decided to write posts on my blog a couple of times each week, and hopefully reach anyone else having a hard time.

here to offer support!
Kimberly

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »

Hi everyone - I was so glad to come across this wonderful site! I lost my dad in 1999 when I was in my 20's. It was hard at that age because I wasn't considered a child anymore, but not quite an adult. It was a long healing process, and even so many years later some days are really hard. As a woman, getting married and having a child made me miss my dad more than ever. I will always miss my dad and wish he could be here - but I feel like I'm in a really good place now. I'm hoping at this point that I can help other people -- and young women in particular -- who have lost a parent.
I know that Mother's Day is particularly hard for people who have lost their mom. For me, I feel like I'm missing out each Father's Day. This year in the days leading up to Father's Day I've decided to write posts on my blog a couple of times each week, and hopefully reach anyone else having a hard time.

here to offer support!
Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

Welcome to Webhealing!

Keeping an online journal and blogging is an effective way to reach people. We all need support and it is a nice offer to open your heart to others. You can read the stories from the Parent Loss board and get to know some of our members. I'm sure they'll appreciate hearing from you!

Love,
Terry

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
Hi everyone - I was so glad to come across this wonderful site! I lost my dad in 1999 when I was in my 20's.

Hi, Kimberly. I lost my dad in 2000 when I was 31. We're just about in the same spot.

I didn't really feel any grief for a VERY long time afterward. I was numb. I also lost my brother in 1995. Both of them were sudden accidents with no time to prepare. I guess it was just too much. I shut down emotionally for a long, long time. It wasn't until I came here that I finally started working through some of it.

Welcome. We're glad to have you here.

Doug

AlonaR94

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2015, 07:27:19 PM »
Hello all

I  am an only child and have just lost my mother, who was a single parent.  I am 21 years old.  When I got the call that she had passed I felt like my chest was collapsing.  I felt like I was dying.  My mother had been disabled for the past eleven years and dealt with many health problems which sent her to the hospital numerous times each year.  Additionally she still dealt with emotional issues from her own mother's death back in 2001 from cancer.  Our relationship was very rocky due to me having to take on so much responsibility for her care.  She did not take care of herself the way she should have and this frustrated me.  I felt like I was being more of a mother to her than she ever was for me.  I have so many emotions right now in addition to grief that I feel like I'm going crazy.  I feel like God is punishing me for something.  I think I am a decent person and I don't understand why one person has to deal with so much suffering in their lifetime.  I wanted to enjoy being 21 this summer and go out and enjoy life, but now I just feel like staying inside crying all day.  I just don't know what to do. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2015, 07:30:02 PM »

Hi AlonaR94 and welcome to Webhealing.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Mom. I was also in my twenties when my Mom died which was many years ago.

Try and take care of yourself the best you can right now as grief zaps our immune systems. It takes a lot of energy to grieve so not only our hearts but our bodies pay a price. The pain is the price of losing that precious love. If there were no love there would be no pain.

One day at a time and know we're here to listen. Post anytime about your Mom. I'd love to know about her when you feel up to sharing.

Sending hugs & love, :love9:
Terry

moms1andonly29

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
Hi I lost my mom July 3,2015. I was her and my dads only child he's still living but has never reached out to me ever in my life until my mom passed. She was a five year throat and tongue cancer survivor but she was on a feeding tube for 3 years because the radiation damaged her esophagus. So little simple things we eat like potatoes or rice would choke her and a few other health issues. She never let anything stop her she was just throwing the football with my son just two weeks ago and today she is gone. She was my best friend the only person I had in my life that I could go to for absolutely anything. We stay in the same apartment complex so her place was only a few feet from mines. It was just her my two kids and I every single day. If I wasn't at her house we were on the phone or texting. I called her every single morning I woke up and on the day she passed I called and called no answer. I thought maybe she was at her neighbors or out and about but as 11:30am came I knew something just wasn't right. I walked over to her house which I had a key first thing I noticed her door wasn't open which was very rare because she always opened her blinds and door when she woke up which was very early, because she fed herself at night and would come off her machine in mornings. I opened the door and she was on the chair were she passed. I fell on my knees beside her and was in a state of shock. I had just left her that night at 10pm my kids and I and she said I'm going to sleep on couch tonight its much better on my back lock the door behind u because I'm going to sleep. When I locked that door that was the last time I saw my mom alive .  I'm only 29 which I turned Wednesday the 8th the day I had to go view my moms body at the funeral home, and I am missing her so much. Although I'm trying to be strong for my kids I'm hurting so so so bad. I have a ache in my heart that I just cant describe to anyone. We had our favorite shows we would watch while on the phone with each other and talk about it during commercials. Since my kids have gotten out of school for the summer she would come get them everyday just to take them to playground or watch them ride there bikes. My son called her every single morning before school so they can talk to grandma before school. I really don't know what I'm feeling right now. I cant write anymore right now. One thing I've learned from this difficult week is that prayer changes things. She was such a motivator I can hear her saying to me pick your head up you got this apart of me wants to say I do and another part says I'm broken, torn, my best friend is gone my life just changed it hurt so bad. Thankful for finding this site

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 03:55:08 AM »

(((((moms1andonly29)))))

I'm sorry to learn of the recent death of your precious Mom. My Mom died suddenly at 48 years old and I was also in my twenties. I understand the great loss and in so many ways. My son was with her when she died.

Take care of yourself the best you can by resting and eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water and try to get even more exercise. It helps. I know your kids keep you very busy already.

Welcome to Webhealing. I'm glad you found us. Post anytime. Someone is always listening and we understand the pain of loss.

With love & understanding, :love9:
Terry