Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 81178 times)

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Introductions
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »
Please use this thread to introduce yourself and say hello to the group.
Tom's New EBook and paperback

PAW

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »
hello my name is PAW and I lost one of the most important people in the world to me. I lost my mom, mother, my best friend.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:03:20 PM by PAW »

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
((((( PAW )))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.

Welcome to Webhealing! When you're comfortable doing so, I'd love to hear about your Mom, your best friend. A Mother's love is so special and I know you must be devastated right now. You have my heart.

Sending lots of hugs, too!

((((((((((((PAW))))))))))

With love and Understanding,
Terry

PAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 05:11:53 AM »
Thanks for your support.  I really don't know where to begin.  My mother passed on 03/10/2010, but, it seems like it just happened yesterday.  I can still feel the anixety of the phone call on 03/10/2010.  My sibblings and I had left the hospital around 8:30 on 03/09/2010 visiting hours were officially over.  I spoke to my mothers nurse and informed her that I would be calling around 11:00pm to check on the status of my mothers condition.  I called at 11:00 and everything was fine; however at 12:17am on 03/10/2010 I received a phone call stating that my mother had gone into cardiac arrest and she needed to be reccessitated.  I told the doctors do what you have to do to keep her alive until my sibblings and I could get to the hospital.  Consequently, talking about this is bringing tears to my heart.  So please forgive me, this is as far as I can go at this time.  Thanks for listening.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:11 AM »
PAW,

Thanks for sharing a little about your precious Mom. I understand how painful it can be and also that it can seem like it just happened yesterday, as you shared.

That dreaded phone call that we've all received is embedded in our minds forever. It's one thing I would like to have erased, if I could. It replays over and over, and for a long time. Please know you are not alone. We all understand the anxiety that seems to linger from the call that changes our lives.

Are you close with your siblings? As, this year there will be a lot of "First's" as in the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without your Mom. I sure hope you have the support you will need for these times.

Come here and share about your Mom anytime, as you are able. And, please keep us updated on how "you" are feeling.

Know we care, very much.

((((((((((PAW))))))))))

My love,
Terry

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
Hello PAW.  Just wanted to welcome you to this wonderful site and express my sympathy to you.  Grief is an awful emotion and being able to communicate with those who really understand (i.e., via this website) has brought me a lot of comfort over the past 2 years.  I hope (and am confident) that it will do the same for you.

Don't ever be afraid to write ANYTHING here . . . we all 'get it'.

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Scott

Mommysbabygirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
Hello All, My Mom passed away Nov 23rd from complications of high blood pressure. My Mom and I lived together and this has been very difficult. I feel like my family doesn't understand how I feel and I tend to be a little sensitive so that doesn't help. I was back at home for a week and then started having panic attacks so I am staying with my sister. They are getting better as I am allowing myself to cry instead of leaving it all in. I have always keep my feelings inside even while taking care of my Mom and now I'm trying to let it out.

My Mom was a Christian and has amazing faith so that comforts me knowing that she is in heaven with Jesus, but with her not here I feel lonely and lost.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »
Hello Mommysbabygirl ~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. 

Welcome to Webhealing, I am sorry that you have to walk this journey with us. 

Cry if you need to, let it out, it will help. 

There are many people here to listen, anytime.  Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

((((mommysbabygirl))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

AGA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 06:09:02 AM »
Hi on the 21st of sept this year I lost my dad. 11 years ago I also lost my mum on my birthday. I am now an adult orphan and am finding it hard to cope!!!

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
AGA~

I am so very sorry for the loss of your parents. 

Welcome to Webhealing, I am sorry you have to be here.  There are many people who care and understand the pain that you are in. 

Please take care of yourself and come back and let us know how you are doing.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

AGA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 02:42:11 AM »
Hi browneyedgirl,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to the whole forum thing. I have been reading alot of the posts and it is amazing to see that so many people are in the same boat.

My dad died on 21 sept and I miss him so much. My mum died 11 years ago on my birthday. ( She had stomach cancer). I thought that is was traumatic then but we still had my dad and so I had a focus which was to look after him and ensure that he was ok. BUT now that he has gone I have become an adult orphan and its horrible. I am now mouning for my mum as well as my dad. Last week was my birthday and my mum's 11 year anniversary. I was devestated as my dad wasn't here. It took me about 10 years to acknowledge my birthday after my mum and this year my dad is also dead. When I was born I had 2 parents and now I have none. I am blessed to have lots of loving family and friends around but not having my dad is devestating. His death was so quick. He had congestive heart failure. He had it for about 10 years. he was in and out of hospital in that time on many occasions but he always pulled through. This time was different as he was at end stage and the doctors told us that we had anywhere between 2 - 3 weeks to live but he died 3 days later. We are still in shock of the speed of it all. I was with him when he passed and I am glad of that. Xmas will be here in 2 days and I just feel so sad that he won't be here. Today I baked his favourite biscuits and I just wish that he could be here to have them with us. Eveything seems so surreal...... Anyrate I am rambling now Thanks AGA

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 02:49:26 AM »
AGA,

So sorry to hear of the recent death of your Dad. I understand you miss your Momma, also. Do you have any siblings or other family support? The holiday's are a difficult time of the year so stay close to those who can understand the pain you are feeling right now.

Welcome to Webhealing where others 'do' understand the pain from a great loss. Please tell us more about your Dad as you are able. We are always here to listen and lend a hand and send a big hug!

(((((((((((((((AGA)))))))))))))))

With Love & Understanding,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 02:57:49 AM »
Hi AGA,

Our posts just crossed, it seems and I just read where you 'do' have family and friends who are supportive and I'm happy to hear this. It is so important. Yes, you are blessed!!

Happy belated Birthday and I hope you felt the peace and the love you found in loving both your Mom and Dad. I believe he knew you made his favorite biscuits!!

Take care and look forward to hearing more from you!

((((((((((AGA))))))))))

My Love,
Terry

swgirl094

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
Hi, I am new here.  I found this website on our funeral home's web page linking to resources for those dealing with grief.  I lost my mom 2 months ago and am struggling daily but trying to stay positive for my family.  She went to the hospital the day after Thanksgiving with stomach pains and thought it was a kidney stone.  That night we were told she had cancer in her colon, liver, and lungs.  Biopsy told us it was neuroendocrine cancer, a rare disease and was not hereditary either.  She passed away not even two months after that. 

It feels like the past few months have been a train wreck that came out of no where.  At first after her death I was so in shock that it didn't really register.  Now that things have slowed down and the dust has settled, it is extremely difficult and feels harder every day.  I am 22 years old and keep thinking about what she will miss.  Seeing my dad heart broken is the worst part about it.  I still feel like I might wake up from this nightmare some day.  It all was so quick and unexpected.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this forum.

Kajunsweetp

• View Profile
New Member...Dying inside
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 07:01:51 AM »
HI my name is Lynne. 8 months ago my father came to live with us after a fall in his trailer and was delared that he could no longer live alone.It was the first time in 10 years that I had seen him which was not by my choice. We talked on the phone at least 3 times a week but everytime I mentioned going to see him 13 hours away, he always made excuses for me not to come.Shortly after he came to live with us , he was diagnosed with Alzhiemers/dementia. Friday April 15th we celebrated his 88th birthday, which we all knew would be his last. 10 days later -april 25th my father passed away at our home. His passing was peaceful but the images of his final breath will not leave my mind.He was no longer my father, but over the past 8 months , He had became my child, One of my Precious children.Will this pain ever leave? It is consuming my soul.