Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 125019 times)

navywife0219

• View Profile
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
Good day all.  I just registered because I need to see if this forum can help.  The abridged version is my husband passed unexpectedly 02JAN2018,  He had been diagnosed with IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis).  We knew it was terminal but we did not expect that there were complications with pneumonia - he was rushed to the hospital 30DEC2017.  He was retired USN and wanted to be interned at Arlington National Cemetery and it not be scheduled until 06JUL of this year. 

The months before his burial were - of course - filled with phone calls, email, signatures, and the usual things that need to be done - PLUS - the military had to be involved - more paperwork, regulations, typical military protocol. (LOL) But now that things slowed down and my mind can remember, i get emotional and actually weep.  Not just cry, but i am like a baby.

Anyway, I wanted to be able to talk and listen to people in my position.  Thank you for listening - Christine (Alabama)

BLW

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
Hi, I just found this site and thought I would try it out. My husband graduated to Heaven a little over 2 months ago.  He fought lung cancer for 14 months, with the last 3 months of his life being taken care of by me.  I lost my Dad in Dec 2017 and then 6 months later lost my husband. I have pushed my feelings back so far away so I could just do what needed to be done, I'm afraid its all going to pop up someday and smack me through the face.  I went back to work 1 week after my husband's death and that has helped I believe.  Is it strange that I can talk about my husband and dad, just like its someone else's family and not show any emotion?  I do get lonely when I go home of an evening, but I have 2 dogs and that's been a huge help as well. I have found that songs will bring up memories and sometimes I cry but most of the time I don't. I haven't went through his belongings yet, just don't want to, I guess.  We didn't have children together, but he had some from a previous marriage. Two girls give me a hard time, but the son is great.  He helps me out when I need it and promised his dad to watch over me.  I guess my question is...am I in denial, or numb?  I can't seem to figure out why I am not more emotional than I am.  I do take anti depression and anxiety medicine, but I didn't think that would make me not feel anything. There are times I don't want to be around people or talk to anyone and just stay at home and do nothing, like I don't want to be here anymore.  I guess my feelings are all over the place.  Anyone out there feel this way ????

bdarby3396

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
Hi, my name is Brian, I recently lost my wife of 17 years last week from a year long battle with Cancer. I'm struggling to pick up the pieces, we knew that from her diagnoses she could not be cured, and as her end neared I was horrified at the pain she had to endure, and prayed frequently that her pain would end. Now that it has I miss her so much. Knowing that there is no way she'll ever come back to us feels so unreal. My family is so lost without her, I don't know how to comfort them through my own grief. I never could have imagined I'd be sitting here today without my wife.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2018, 06:37:13 AM »
Brian,

I'm so sorry to read of the recent death of your precious wife. Welcome to Webhealing.

Post below on Spouse Loss and feel free to respond to others' posts.

We're here for you.

Hugs,
Terry

bdarby3396

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
Hello - My name is Brian, I recently lost my wife of 17 years, last week after a year long battle with cancer. I'm having a very hard time coming to grips with this, like it's not real or that'll she'll come home any day. I prayed that her suffering would end, and it has, but never realized what a huge void this would leave me. I'm not sure how to comfort my family,  because I'm feeling so lost and afraid right now. I'm just walking around each day right now in a perceptual haze.

dyonis

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2018, 10:46:15 PM »
Hello, I'm Dyonis. I lost my dear husband Dean in February. He had been ill for a while, but it is still hard. He passed away here at home. It's been hard. I cry every day and miss him so much. He was my best friend, my soul mate. Sometimes it's hard to motivate myself to even go to work. But, I know he would want me to keep living.

Laurie

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2018, 03:26:22 PM »
Hi, I’m Laurie. I lost my dear sweet husband of 25 years on October 24, 2018 to cancer. We had a fantastic cross country trip this past summer with no idea he was ill. We were gone 7 weeks, we traveled 7,000+ miles. We hiked, biked, visited national parks, and just had a ball. The last day in Gettysburg, he said he didn’t feel good & went & lyed down in our motel room. The next day, he still didn’t feel well so we drove the 6 hours home. He went to the doctor and all hell broke loose. He was diagnosed with cancer, stage 4. It was in his liver, lungs, stomach, back, and lymph nodes. We went to Dana-Farber for a 2cd opinion. He went through 2 rounds of aggressive 50+hours of chemo. We all went through hell. He decided no more chemo & his doctor concurred it wasn’t working anyway. He never really stood a chance. The cancer was very aggressive. We were in the hospital from 9/21-10/22. 10/22, my birthday. My only wish was to get my husband home on hospice care before he passed. He was given his last rights before we left the hospital in case he didn’t make the trip home. We made it, I got my birthday wish. On 10/23, our granddaughter was born. On 10/24, my beloved took his last breath with is family by his side. 11 weeks. That’s all it took from the first day he didn’t feel well till the day he passed. 11 short painful weeks. I thought they were painful, till he passed. I have never known pain like this, nor could I have imagined the depth of it until 10/24, now I know it because I live it every stinking day.

glennarollins

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2019, 09:35:40 PM »
I just lost my husband a week before Christmas and it's so much harder than I thought it would be.  We were only married a year, but the pain is so intense!

woljen34

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2019, 10:33:52 AM »
Hi

I have never done this before.  I have Cerebral Palsy, use a power wheelchair, have a 12-year-old daughter and am 40 years old. My husband who was also in a wheelchair had Muscular Dystrophy passed away on April 14, 2019. I feel lost now for a multitude of reasons. He would have been 44 years old on April 20, 2019.  I don't know what I am supposed to do, or how to move on.