Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 124993 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
((((((Bob))))))))

(((((((Bee)))))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

DebbieThompson

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
Hi my name Debbie...I lost my husband two and half weeks ago to cancer..he passed on our 30th anniversary..he was a special man..till the end he always thought  about and worried about me...I am lost with out him..He was the one with the good head on his shoulders..he was the one that always had an answer for my stupid questions that  I would ask..I really really miss him..Debbie

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
((((Debbie)))

Jacquie

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »
Hello.  My name is Jacquie.  I lost my husband of 30 years on October 8, 2011.  He went into the hospital on Sept. 19th and never left.  We found out he had pancreatic cancer and an aorta anurism.  He did pass from the cancer.  I was with him when he passed.  I feel grief but I also feel relief.  Sometimes I feel guilty for not griefing.  Am I griefing, I don't know.  I cried at the hospital when he passed and have had some sad moments, but I don't feel a dark deep grief.  I loved him and he loved me and we did have a talk before he passed.  After 20 days in the hospital and watching him give up I suppose is why I feel more relieved then grief.  He is no longer in pain and God let us both go home. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:36 AM »

(((Jacquie)))

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. Being so recent, you haven't had the time to process everything. I can understand feeling relief as I felt the same when my husband, who had been very sick, died.  He was happy to be going home.

Welcome to webhealing and thank you for sharing your loss with us. Our grief is unique, as we are. Whatever you're feeling is ok. Take care of yourself right now as grief can zap our immune systems even though we may feel we are doing alright. One day at a time and come back and tell us more about your husband when you're comfortable doing so. There's always someone here to listen with an open heart.

Know we care, here very much.

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
Hello.  My name is Jacquie.  I lost my husband of 30 years on October 8, 2011.  He went into the hospital on Sept. 19th and never left.  We found out he had pancreatic cancer and an aorta anurism.  He did pass from the cancer.  I was with him when he passed.  I feel grief but I also feel relief.  Sometimes I feel guilty for not griefing.  Am I griefing, I don't know.  I cried at the hospital when he passed and have had some sad moments, but I don't feel a dark deep grief.  I loved him and he loved me and we did have a talk before he passed.  After 20 days in the hospital and watching him give up I suppose is why I feel more relieved then grief.  He is no longer in pain and God let us both go home. 

Dear Jacquie ~
I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband.  Welcome to Webhealing

Rodney

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »
Hello I'm not sure where or how to start yet here it goes. My best friend/soulmate/ love of my life & yes my wife died on March 6th this year of liver failure, she was sick for two years and I of course was her primary care giver as the health profession called me which I found funny in a way for what else was I gonna do let some stranger take care of her...no way...she was my baby...my love! I have been dealing with the pain on my own and having lost everything, home, friends, family, truck,...everything I own can fit in two bags now...it's a long nasty story...aint it odd how people deal with grief sometimes.
This is the second wife I have buried and some how I feel cursed yet some call it a blessing, and yes there have been those along the way yet the pain I feel every waking moment and even when I do sleep feels as if someone ripped half my soul from me, and I would give anything...anything to have Jennifer back! All the stuff I lost material wise is nothing...means nothing at all. She was 48 when she passed and the 23rd of September was her birthday and it has been so so hard. Most days are just a suffering through until night comes then I lay and talk to her until I fall asleep yet most the time wake from bad dreams only to fear sleeping and wait for the sun to come up to suffer another day without her hand to hold in mine which I miss so much they were so soft.
Sorry to go on like this like I said I haven't had anyone to really talk to about this and the shrinks have given up on me as have the Priest & that feeling has been kinda mutual...(no offense to anyone). I miss her so much!
My heart goes out to all here for their loss & pain. 

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »

((((Rodney))))

I'm so sorry you're having to live without Jennifer and thank you for sharing your story with us and, also a little about what's been going on in your life.

Welcome to our webhealing family - I'm glad you found us. There is always someone here to listen with an open heart, to cry with you, smile with you and send some hugs. Grieving a loss is a very long journey and it helps to know that others are there for you with understanding and support as we travel on the road toward healing our hearts the best we can.

Feel free to post on the Spouse Loss board.

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »
Welcome Rodney...I am so very sorry for the loss of Jennfier.  You have come to the right place, there are many loving people here who care and understand, you will see as the come forward to greet you.  I am sorry you have to be here with us. 

Feel free to start a new thread and tell us more about Jennifer if you like.

lots of love.

jbryant

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
Hi and welcome the people here aręte most caring I've have found Iam so sorry for the loss of your Jennifer I lost my Doyle on aug 5 I still am in a fog after 35yrs so hopefully we can learn from everyone we are here for you

alwayshopefull2009

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »
My wife passed away suddenly 4 weeks ago from prescription overdose.  I miss and think of her almost all day every day, I dont fall asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning and only sleep till 8 am.  I find myself walking around the house all day long in and out, moving things around trying to pick up the house.  I am scared to hear that things may get worst for me in the months to come.  After I cry for a while or try to do some work or tend to her garden I come back in and feel like maybe I will make it through this, but then I read of others experience months later and how they are hit with all those feeling and then some. 
We were together for nearly 23 years, she passed away 1 week before our anniversary.  Did i mention when she od and I was not sure, I could have called 911 sooner than I did and she would be here today most likely, this thought crosses my mind often throughout the day, especially when I go to the kitchen where she finally collapsed.  Sometimes as I drive to the store to buy food, I think of what if I just went off the road. 
death no longer seems to be such a stranger to me now, in fact since i am in my 50's already, I even think sometimes come get me, I am not afraid of you anymore, in fact I don't think I care.  Its ok.  but i have 2 younger kids and they still need at least 1 parent and so for now i feel i need to be there for them. 
I have been reading so many posts and websites over the past 2 weeks, and read so many people who have died, i was never so aware of so much death.  Im afraid of other things too, like a life alone, I miss snuggling with her at night, lying by her side, talking with her about the day, the kids, what we are going to do about this or that, all i have now is to look at any empty space on the other side of my bed. 

LivingtoLove

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Living to Love
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
My name is Nathan and I am 30 years old.  I lost my wife just over a week ago on April 4, 2014 at the age of 29.  June 11th would have been 8 years of marriage.  She battled cancer in one form or another for most of the last 4 years.  Her body was so beat up by the chemo that each round landed her in the hospital with some sort of infection.  Then on March 28, 2014 we were sent home from the hospital for the last time with hospice care. We were told she had 4-8 weeks left.  We scheduled flights for family that are spread all over the country to come and visit through the month of April.  One week later and she was gone.  This has actually been a blessing because I know that she is no longer suffering but in heaven with Jesus.  While that makes all of this a bit easier, I still miss her like crazy and it hurts real bad.

This is just a brief summary of the story.  Anyone that wants to read/watch more of it are welcome to check out the blog my wife started when she was diagnosed with the cancer.  She was an absolute joy to be around and I plan on continuing the blog in her honor.

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
Nathan,

I am so sorry for what you and your wife have had to go through.  I'm glad that you have been comforted by your faith in Christ.
It is very painful to lose a mate.  My husband died from cancer too, so I know it's hard.  It's very soon for you and your healing will be a process that takes time.  People are here for you.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
My name is Nathan and I am 30 years old.  I lost my wife just over a week ago on April 4, 2014 at the age of 29.  June 11th would have been 8 years of marriage.  She battled cancer in one form or another for most of the last 4 years.  Her body was so beat up by the chemo that each round landed her in the hospital with some sort of infection.  Then on March 28, 2014 we were sent home from the hospital for the last time with hospice care. We were told she had 4-8 weeks left.  We scheduled flights for family that are spread all over the country to come and visit through the month of April.  One week later and she was gone.  This has actually been a blessing because I know that she is no longer suffering but in heaven with Jesus.  While that makes all of this a bit easier, I still miss her like crazy and it hurts real bad.

This is just a brief summary of the story.  Anyone that wants to read/watch more of it are welcome to check out the blog my wife started when she was diagnosed with the cancer.  She was an absolute joy to be around and I plan on continuing the blog in her honor.

((((((((Nathan)))))))) :love9:

I'm so very sorry for the recent death of your precious wife. Welcome to Webhealing. I'm glad you found our website and I hope you'll take advantage of the freedom to post all of your feelings here without judgement. There is only kindness and understanding here. It helps to post as often as you are comfortable. We all understand what it is like to lose a part of ourselves.

Love & Hugs,
Terry

funlearningmother

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2014, 07:36:11 AM »
I had trouble figuring out how to do this so I made a new topic accidentally. This is my story of part of my life and my pain.
In a nutshell. The last 5 years went from bad to worse and I am now in limbo. In 2009-2010 my counselor betrayed me. In 2011 I lost my kids to their dad. I felt unsupported and to weak to fight for them so I went 3000 miles away literally to my then boyfriend. We planned on getting married so I had all my stuff moved by movers and put in storage.
May 15 2012 my now fiance died in a car accident. It was 1 am and I had been driving because he was drunk. He started calling me names and I got out of the car to calm down and he got in the drivers seat and waited for me to get in. I was too angry so I closed the car door and he took off. We were in upstate NY backwoods, he lost control about a block or 2 away from me in length. I didn't think it was that bad. All the damage was internal and I didn't know... I shook him... I am so much smarter then that. He died of a cranial fracture was the cause of death and when I called the doctor later (and they didn't want to talk to me because I was just his fiance) he said that there was so much internal bleeding that it wouldn't have made a difference if they had been faster or not. I had to walk to the house to get my cell phone to call for help and I was scared so I called a friend of his first who said he couldn't get him out of the car it was too bad of an angle so then I called for help. There is a lot more to the story and if I piss anyone off I really hope they will think twice before judging me.
Right after the funeral I found out that most of his family didn't like me or want me around. Thought I was out for his money which was a big joke because he had none. No insurance and no will and because I was a fiance I was third or forth in line for any of his stuff although his father said I could take what I wanted of his stuff.
To get through all that pain without killing myself I got myself another boyfriend he gave me something to live for. He convinced me to come back to my kids. End of November 2012 I made it back here to my kids but had no money or place to live so started out on the streets. My first time doing that and not an experience that I care to repeat although I did learn a lot from that.
Finally got a place and was able to get my stuff out of storage and got another big blow. The movers didn't pack about a quarter of my stuff.
My kids and boyfriend are what keep me going, that's it. I lost my faith in the human race and feel like I have nothing substantial to stand on. No one can help me out from this hell I am in. I carry such a lot of anger for others and for myself. I still miss my fiance a whole ton and wish he were here. He could be such a jerk and yet he had so many good qualities.
I don't know what to do with myself. I can't go back and yet I have nothing to move forward to. When my kids are grown and gone then what?