Author Topic: Can you hear me?  (Read 4987 times)

theFireballKid

• View Profile
Can you hear me?
« on: October 05, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
I miss you little sister...  To this day I place the blame on myself for what happened.  To this day I still believe I could have done something. All the clues and hints were right there in my face, yet I was blind to them. I don't know what is going on anymore.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Can you hear me?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
Dear Fireballkid ~

I am so sorry that you seem to be feeling guilt over your sisters death.  I know what this is like, my brother's death was very preventalbe. 

I do not know the circumstances surrounding your sisters death, but I am sure you did all you could.....please try and not blame yourself, I am sure she would not want it that way.

Take care of yourself.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

theFireballKid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »
i am having a hard time functioning

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »
Dear Fireballkid,

I know exactly how you feel. My brother took his own life and I look back and think of all the What If's and it about drove me insane. Everything was so clear after he died of how he was reaching out. I even noticed things weren't right, but I never thought in a million years I would ever wake up to that horrifying phone call. Something that helped me cope was hearing if it wasn't meant to happen, it wouldn't have happened. It took a long time to accept that, but it helped me get over that bump. All we can do after this learning experience is make sure we are there for the future and reach out if we get the slightest thought in our head so we can honestly say we did everything we could. I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. My brother and I were very close and I miss him tremendously.

helene

• nospam
  • My Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »
Hi Firebalkid,

I hear you as well. My sister wanted to have lunch with me shortly before suddenly died from one of her many seizures. I did not have lunch with her because I found her to be too emotionally draining and it wasn't a good time for me. Now this is a terrible regret and I blame myself for not having lunch with her so shortly before her death. She wanted to reach out to me and I was not there for her. Hang in there Firebalkid. There are always regrets and self blame in grief. I hope you have someone you can talk to and you know you can always talk to us here about your feelings. Take care of yourself. Helene.

Helene & Lesley

theFireballKid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »
thanks helene, jazzgirl

i miss her tremendously. in the last 5 years i also lost both parents to tragic events; promised myself no one would leave me again. and then this.... more often than not, i feel like something bad is going to happen again.

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:13 PM »
So sorry to hear of your losses.  Just know that this is a reminder to live life to the fullest cuz you never know how much time you have.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jazzgirl

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
((((((((((((((((theFireballKid))))))))))))))

Always thinking of you!

Love,
Terry

theFireballKid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:50 PM »
just so tired. living with these regrets is literally killing me.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:16:55 PM »
One day at a time, Fireballkid......be patient with yourself.

I am sending peace your way.

(((Fireballkid))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven