Author Topic: My husband's birthday is tomorrow  (Read 4337 times)

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
My husband's birthday is tomorrow
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »
Hi all,

My husband would have been 54 tomorrow.  On the 18th it will be 3 and 1/2 years since his death.  I have been doing pretty well, but some sadness found me today.  I still miss him.  I've had to face so many hard things alone that sometimes it's hard to remember that I had almost 22 years with him.  And yet, there are times when the grief surrounding his illness and death presents its self as if new again.  Thankfully, those times are far less frequent and much shorter now.

I just can't bear for the day of his birth to come and go with no one remembering or caring but me.  His life made a difference.  So please think of my Sweetie on the 14th and know that he was a caring, loving, dependable man of faith who lived his life and faced his death with grace.  Thanks.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: My husband's birthday is tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »
Hi Mousewife,

I rarely post here now, but I did read your message and I wanted to say to you, that I hope that your husband's birthday fills you with happy memories. I've always found your posts to show that you have loved and continue to love your husband so much. You were blessed to have each other.

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
Thanks Irene,
Yes my years with my husband were, and continue to be a blessing.  Today I begin a ministry to widows to hopefully provide tangible helps, as well as emotional and spirtual support to them.  It seems a fitting way to celebrate and remember his birthday.
Peace and Healing,
mousewife

johnkmurray

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »
Today I begin a ministry to widows to hopefully provide tangible helps, as well as emotional and spirtual support to them.  It seems a fitting way to celebrate and remember his birthday.

Very fitting indeed, to reach out to others this way. Wishing you all the best on your husband's birthday,

John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »
((((mousewife))))

Thinking of you and your husband on his birthday....
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Thanks John for your kind words.  In one of your earlier posts you spoke of your last trip with your wife.  It reminded me of our last tirp.  It was to the Grand Canyon.  It was difficult and not as I had always anticipated, but I am glad we got to do it.  My husband had brain cancer.

Thanks for the hugs Browney.

Peace and Healing to you both,
mousewife

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
Sending you a hug Mousewife.  I hope you got through the day ok.
Sorry I didnt see this sooner.

lauren

Happy Belated bday to your special husband!

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »
Sorry I was not on until today! Hugs and best wishes to you!
Peggy's Boy

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
LaurenE and tsurandy, thanks for the warm thoughts.  I made it through the diay fine.  I know these days will never be what I want them to be, but, they are much easier than they used to be.

I had planned to go up in a hot air balloon on that day, but I was unable to find anyone in my area that would take me up.  So I just went to get my mom and took her out for dinner.

Thanks.
Peace and Healing.
mousewife