Author Topic: Soon to be grandmother  (Read 1825 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Soon to be grandmother
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
I think I might have mentioned here that my daughter is pregnant.  She is 5 months and waited as long as she could to tell us because she knows what we went through.  I don't discuss any problems with pregnancy etc., because she has a wonderful doctor, a wonderful husband, and I don't need to add any more worries on to her shoulders. I will say though that many times when I look at her my mind goes back to when I was preg. with Jason and with her.  When I held them in my arms for the first time it was as if the world stood still just for me.  There really are no explanable words for the birth of a child as there are no explainable words for the death of a child.  There are days when I find breathing a chore.  Our daughter made friends with a couple in Boston who lost their only son.  He was a freshman in college.  They are coming to visit them in Chic and she invited us to join them for breakfast.  So, here she is pregnant, we are to be grandparents and this couple will never be where we will be. Oh how I feel for them.  Life is good because another generation will soon be born of our genes, life sucks also.  How do we understand all of this.

Rebecca Jason's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Soon to be grandmother
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »
Rebecca,

I'm happy for both you and your daughter. I can understand the mixed emotions right now and I'll be holding positive energy for all to turn out just wonderful in about 4 months!

Congrats to you and your husband for soon to be grandparents!

Yes, another generation. Another miracle is born into this world and the beat goes on.

Always and Forever missing our precious children.

Love,
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Re: Soon to be grandmother
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
My heartfelt congratulations to you Rebecca on your daughter's pregnancy. I am hoping that when (& if) the day comes that I become a grandmother I might feel joy back in my life.
I wish for you that (joy) becomes a reality for you when you hold your darling grandbabe in your loving arms.
XO Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings