Author Topic: Dad *Injury* & Thoughts of All  (Read 4401 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Dad *Injury* & Thoughts of All
« on: August 22, 2010, 03:44:50 PM »
My precious Dad fell in his room this morning and had to be rushed to the hospital. It happened so fast, even the nurse could not break his fall. They did a CT and it was good so they patched him up and released him. He had to have quite a few staples and his head will be sore but he's home. And, thanks again for those asking about Dad. I really appreciate it!

There have been so many Angel Dates and Birthday's this month, even the month before and some were so close together. You truly have my heart.

For all of the new Mom's reading, you also have my heart. I understand, we all do how difficult this time is for you and when you're ready to share your precious children, we are here for you.
We're here with open hearts and understanding.

For all those sharing and for those reading...you have my love, always.

Love,
Terry

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Dad *Injury* & Thoughts of All
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
Terry, I am sorry your dad fell, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

THinking of birthdays, Chad would be 36 on the 1st. The years go by and I find Chad will always be 21 to me. How I would love to been able to have these last 14 years with my boy. I find myself imagining what he would be doing today, imagining on what should have been.

To all the new parents here I think of you. All the birthdays and angel dates that go by I find my love is as strong as it was when Chad died. His memories keep my love for him strong, missing him keeps my love strong, and he will never be forgotten. I hope in your hardest times you can hold onto your hope and love, I find it has kept me very close to Chad.

Take care of you always,
Love
Deb

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
Thanks, Deb!

Dad could sure use a break about now. Jeff would have been 37 this coming birthday and I, too often wonder, about everything. I probably always will.

Nicely said, as time goes by it is the love that remains strong and allows us to remember. And, remembering without that intense pain as in the early years. I've found this to be true for me.

Hold on tightly to the love and the hope. Thanks for sharing this, Deb! In thinking of all of the new parents I remember that was 'us' and it doesn't seem that long ago, either. And, now we're able to share this hope with others who are feeling so hopeless at times because we know that love see's us through everything, and hope lights our path!

Thinking of your Chad, your Chad at heart and your Cory, with love!

Love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
(((Terry))))))))))))

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Deb, Taylor would have been 20 last april and I wonder too what he would look like, what he'd be doing,, everything.. but , like you with Chad, Taylor will always be 14 to me. Love ya. Brenda

falcon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 05:24:15 AM »
Terry Wow I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad, taking care of mine for so long I know the toll it has on you too. We would do it all over again. Try to take care of you along the way thou. Hoping & sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
 For all the other parents with Angel days & birthdays, you have my heart & thoughts. Thinking about all of you always , may we all find some kind of peace somewhere. I am having a hard time with the grandkids all growing up, no one needs me anymore.Weird i know , but I have always been a caregiver for someone including my only SHANE , NOW TO NOT BE NEEDED IS PAINFUL! I SURE DO LOVE WATCHING THE GRANDKIDS GO & DO THEIR SPORTS , BUT IT HURTS KNOWING dADS NOT WATCHING.
 Terry please take care, thinking of you & your Dad , love & hugs

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
((((Terry & Dad))))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:51 AM »
Dearest Brenda and Pam...Thanks for the hugs! They felt good!!

Sandy girl, yes it does take such a toll and I agree that we would do it all over again. I'm so sorry you're Daddy is not here anymore. And I'm also getting plenty of rest, thanks as I've been bed-bound due to my back. It's well needed rest!!

Much love to you all,
Terry

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »
Dear Terry,

I'm so sorry about your back being hurt and your dad falling down. When I began to read it I thought "oh no, I hope his hip didn't break", I guess I was looking for ANY positive at all in a bad situation.

I'm keeping the best of all thoughts for you and your dad, with gentle hugs for you both.

Lots of love,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »
Annie,

Thank you! It's been one thing after another here. Either me or Dad are in the ER. Night nurse had a terrible time with Dad last night, bless his heart...he has these people he talks to and we believe they are from where he used to work, ions ago and he keeps asking where the blueprints are. It was a very long night for all.

We do what we need to do and whatever happens in-between...happens, right? I think it's called life!

I appreciate your thinking of my Daddy and of me, always. It means a lot.

Much love to you, sweet Annie,
Terry

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »
sorry to haer about your dad. Hope recovery will be speedy. Thinking of you and sending hugs. LaVonne

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 10:12:16 PM »
Thank You, ((( LaVonne )))!

You and your precious Jason are always in my thoughts. So nice to hear from you!

My love,
Terry
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:33:03 PM by Terry »