Author Topic: Just Having a Bad Day  (Read 2353 times)

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
Just Having a Bad Day
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:03:27 PM »
My wife and I have two beautiful healthy 'baby boys' (3 1/2 months; and a 2 1/2 year old) . . . For the past year and a half all I could think about was how my children would "never know their Auntie Jori". 

Lately, I'm just so upset, angry, distraught because I need my sister so much right now.  She had two boys (they are now being raised by my amazing parents) . . . there are so many things I want to ask her about parenting, about developmental stages, about life . . .

It's one thing to talk to your (my) parents about raising children, it's quite another to be able to talk to your contemporary, your sister, your best friend. 

The whole in my heart just feels extremely large these days.

Thanks for understanding,
Scott

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Just Having a Bad Day
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »
Hi Scott ~ I am so sorry that your heart is hurting......

Tony had one son, his mother has also passed away.  My mother and step father are now raising him.  An extreamly diffacult task, for all involved.  Although I myself, am not a parent, I think it's a tough job all together add grief into the mix, and well, it's hard, on everyone.

I am so sorry that Jori is not here for you to ask these things and learn from.

I hope you feel better in the coming days. 
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
ScottW

I hope the day got better for you after you posted.  I am sorry that your best friend is now gone.   The good news is, you carry her in your heart forever.

You must be exhausted with 2 little ones.  Remember to take good care of yourself... good nutrition, sleep, and a night away from the kids.  And yes, maybe even a full night away so that you two can catch up on your sleep. Mommys and daddys are better parents when they take the time to get away for a bit,  have some fun, get some rest, and just be there for themselves.  It makes mommy, daddy, and babies happier! 

I suspect that you will be a great dad raising your two boys. And that somehow, in her own way,  your sister will help guide you along the way.  You wont know all the answers.  But somehow you'll make it.  Seek wisdom and guidance, as all parents need to do,  and the boys will be fine.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you

lauren

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
Thinking of your Jori tonight!

((((((((Scott))))))))

My love,
Terry