Author Topic: Dear Keith  (Read 4246 times)

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
Dear Keith
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:56:51 AM »
The clock is turning midnight.  Three years ago it was the beginning of the last day you spent on this Earth.  You didn't know...or did you?  And neither did I know...or maybe I did?  My little secret?  A year or so before you left us, dad and I were talking and worrying about you as always.  Not just fearing you would put yourself in danger but sensing ... something.  Not really believing but somehow knowing your time with us would be short.

These 3 years have been so surreal.  Dad and I and your brother and sister have struggled so hard to carry on without you.  We miss you with every breath.  In the morning when we rise to start a new day, we think of you.  When we close our eyes at night, we think of you and pray our dreams are filled with wonderful memories of you.
So many moments throughout the day, we are reminded of our loss, saddened that you no longer light up a room with your smile, your laughter. 

Saturday we will remember and honour you with "Keith's Luau".  We will be joined by our family and friends, including yours, Wade and Holly's friends as we  celebrate your life and memory.  When darkness falls, we will each light a candle as we take a moment to remember what you meant to each of us.  I will share a few words of gratitude for their continued support and, most especially, sharing memories of my precious son.  I will cry.  I will try hard not to but I will.  I will see the sadness in the faces of other parents and I will briefly glimpse their truth -  they are glad it wasn't their child.  Perhaps this year I will sense their encouragement  "to move on".  I am ready for their ignorance.  But I cannot move on.  I am here, stuck in this time warp of disbelief.  Each day you are the focus of every moment, even when I am occupied with daily tasks.  I don't know how to live a purposeful life when my purpose seems now to be missing you, mourning your loss in my life.   

You are my sweet, baby child.  Always.  I don't understand how I am here, without you.  I don't know why.  I miss everything about you.  All the wonderful snapshots of memories....your cooking up a Keith feast on a weekend morning, the way you'd laugh  when watching the Simpsons (even though you'd seen the same episode 4 or 5 times already), watching you walk down the street on your way to a friend's house, with heavy metal music blasting in your headphones.  Seeing you come home from a long day at work, tired but satisfied.  Relishing a good meal and eating with gusto.  Enjoying the company of your friends, but even more importantly - your brother and sister. 

You are the heart of my heart.  Always and forever.

Wendy, Keith's mom

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Keith
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
Dear Wendy,
You have blessed my morning and my day. Thank you sweetie.
((((Wendy))))  ((((Keith))))
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »
(((((Wendy)))))

So touching, this letter to your darling Keith. Every word from your heart to his and now felt in ours. Every word you've shared here I think we can all relate to. I've always admired your honesty and how you so freely share your heart. Thank You for sharing your baby with us.

I will also light a candle Saturday in Keith's honor when darkness falls. What a blessing to be able to have friends and family share in his memory.

Wishing you all a day filled with peace, warm memories and the promise of happier days ahead.

I hope Keith sends you a sign so you know he will be with you all!

Much love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »
((((Wendy and Family)))))
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

lwuest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:55 PM »
Hugs to you Wendy.  Your Keith is in a place in your heart that no one else on heaven or earth shares.  It's the love between a Mother and her Child.  Absolutely nothing can break that bond.
~Linda

Ramona

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
Wendy,

I could almost see your Keith and how he lived with you with your description of him.  Such fun and laughter he brought into your life!  I think they shall always be apart of our everyday with our memories of them.  I too still after all these years, start my day thinking about my Tim and end it the same. 

May you feel Keith's presence as your honor him.  May a special sign come your way from your dear Keith.

Much love to you and your family, Ramona Tim's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »
((( Wendy))))) It took me a few attempts to read your whole post because I couldn't get it finished through the tears. Beautiful words from your heart to your precious son. How very beautiful. Love Brenda

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:45:31 AM »
((((((Wendy)))))

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.  Josh's & Keith's Angel Days are so close together.  I hope your day was peaceful.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom