Author Topic: Members: Please Read!  (Read 18199 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Members: Please Read!
« on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:21 PM »
Recently, there have been concerns in regards to 'not' having a Board specific for Mother/Father loss.

We would like to know how you feel about this as Webhealing is where you come to share your grief, find and offer comfort and most importantly, feel safe so it's important to us to know that our members are receiving the proper support.

From time to time, there are questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the Boards and we are always open to hearing how you feel. This thread can be a place to post any concerns/suggestions that are directly related to the message boards.

Please feel free to let us know how you feel!!

Thank You,
With Love and Care,
Webhealing Staff

Elsie

• View Profile
Re: Members: Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »
Terry

I think it would be good to have ...how about spousal loss.....this way its easier to communicate with the people of the same degree

Elsie

dragonlady2865

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
a board for parents would be awsome as i'm in that boat again.  my dad is dieing of cancer.
i made every choice along the way, each day i spent in hell i chose to stay, it's funny what you fear can make you weak,truth is what you get if truth is what you speak.      Melissa Etheridge  "the awakening".....message to myself

closs86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Hi Terry,
   I think it would be good to have seperate boards, spouse loss and parent loss
Thanks
Karen

tahari01

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
As a new member, I think it'd be wonderful and very helpful to have a Parental Loss board, as well as a spousal loss board.
In loving memory of my momma, Helen Blankenship. Gone to Heaven 8/1/2010

Autumn Leaves

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 03:26:11 PM »
Instead of "spousal loss", I'd suggest calling it "partner loss" to cover husband/wife, common-law husband/wife or same sex partners.
RJ

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
The death of my Mother brought me to Webhealing in 2008.  I visit often mostly reading.  I believe that a board specific to the loss of a Mother/Father would be nice.  However I must also say that I have always found suppport in the main forum.  Webhealing is a wonderful and safe place for those of us experiencing grief!
Peggy's Boy

errickabrown

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
i would like to have a partner loss/spouse loss.... and a seperate parent loss would be good
You have earned your wings in heaven... and you stood up such a fight... I will see you again one day but it's still not soon enough....

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded! We appreciate it!

We have quite a few members with multiple losses and I feel these new boards will help a great deal in honoring all of our loved ones.

Reading where someone has lost their Spouse/Partner and then returning to the board after losing a Parent is heartbreaking and the need for support will be more visible, whereas posting a new topic on the same thread is not only confusing, their need for support for their new loss could be overlooked. And, we would never want to see that happen.

Feel free to post on the appropriate boards when you are comfortable doing so! You can also reintroduce yourself as new members can read and benefit from your story.

My love to you all,
Terry

JosephR

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
My father took his life on st patricks day,that's why I came to this website,as I am devestated and confused,just looking for a place to talk.A parent specific would be nice but I am dealing with suicide as well.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »

Hi Joseph - I'm sorry to learn of the tragic loss of your dear Father. I understand feeling devastated and confused and please tell us about your Dad so we can get to know [about] him and you a little better.

Feel free to post on the "Parent Loss" board but you may also read, post and reply on any of the boards here. We welcome your feedback, opinions.

Welcome to our Webhealing Family. I'm glad you found us and rest assured that you are amongst those who understand great pain and are always very supportive and understanding.

Sending you hugs & my Love, :love9:

((((((((Joseph))))))))

Terry